Best practise to remove old soil pipe in concrete floor

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by DannyDoLittle, Sep 19, 2017.

1. DannyDoLittle

DannyDoLittle Active Member

Morning gents

This is the toilet in question.. it was fixed the concrete floor which has now been removed, however the soil pipe to the main drain is still protruding through the concrete floor by aprox 40mm.
    The toilet is being moved to the opposite side of the wall and a new soil pipe will be getting installed in a new location due to this room becoming a utility area.

What I would like to know is what is peoples thoughts on the best practice with regards to making this soil pipe flush with the floor so it'll look like it was never their.

Would it be a case of dig out the concrete around it, cut the pipe back and fit a bung then concrete over it and level it off with the floor again??

A wood flooring will be getting laid over the top of it and a washing machine will be sitting directly where the whole was.

TIA.

21767500_10154961894247895_2141505673_n.jpg

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

9" grinder.:)

Break up floor, so you can cut pipe off about 50mm below the floor.

3. DannyDoLittle

My thoughts exactly... but what about bunging it so there's no bad smells back into the house .

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

5. DannyDoLittle

That's the puppy... i'll dig out around it, cut it back, fit the plug & concrete over it... Sound ok to you??

KIAB likes this.
  6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Shop around for it, some places charge a crazy price for it.

7. DannyDoLittle

Around 9 great british pounds.... isn't going to break to the bank.. Outstanding stuff Sire.. Stiff upper lip :)