Best quality paint for indoor walls of lounge

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by gurmukh, May 27, 2016.

1. gurmukh

gurmukh New Member

What do you guys think is the best quality paint to use to paint a living room? I was going to opt for the Crown Breatheasy but others on this forum haven't had much luck with it.

Thanks!

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Depends on your budget!
    Dulux Trade, Little Greene & Co are worth checking out.

3. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

I would personally recommend Dulux Endurance / Diamond emulsion

I think the same paint maybe (?) although one is branded for the mass market and the other supposedly for trade - although you can of course buy either regardless of occupation !

I used Ensurance widely in my house around 6 years ago when the kids were young and it's still looking great now

Marks just wipe off with soapy suds and a soft cloth, as long as the actual paint surface isn't damaged of course

What surface are you painting onto ?
    Plaster / lining paper /

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Dulux Endurance here, it's lasted very well for 5 or 6 years in the hallway & stairwell,just being repainted now.:)

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

:oops::oops::oops:

Got it wrong, it's Dulux Diamond Matt, which is completely diferent to Dulux Endurance.

The Diamond matt cleans up easily, any marks on the walls, just wipe off with a damp rag.

6. James Lewis

James Lewis New Member

Definitely Dulux Trade.. nothing else compares!

KIAB likes this.