Best Water based Satinwood Paint for Door Frames and Skirting

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by mds1256, Oct 27, 2016.

1. mds1256

mds1256 Member

Any recommendation on water based satinwood paint, I used the Dulux Water Based Quick Dry Satin Wood last time and it was an absolute nightmare to use, seemed to run easily and the finish was a little rough compared to the paint before hand (it was oil based before hand).

The Oil Based has only been on around 20 months and its yellow to the point that there isn't much distinction between the door frame and the magnolia emulation on the wall.

I heard that Dulux Diamond Satin Wood W/B was good but supply seems to be limited so not sure if its now discontinued.

Thanks

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Given up on oil based white paint, yellows too quickly, I've changed to Crown Trade Fastflow Quick Dry Gloss White, a lovely white finish, it's a water based paint,shame it's not available in a satin finish.

3. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

I would also like to jump on this thread and ask the same question please mds as got some painting to do in the new year

I've also used the Dulux quick dry water based range recently, undercoat and gloss on woodwork and was pleaaantly surprised how nice it was to use and the finish - ok not as glossy as oil based but it has a shine. Differant to paint with when compared to oil based and have to be quick to avoid brush marks. This was for my mum

My house is all satinwood and used oil based around 7 years ago (leyland) it's done well in terms of whiteness but is due for a freshen up

Was thinking of the Dulux quick dry water Satin but have heard Kiab and Astra mention the Crown Fastflow recently

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member