Betta Living Kitchen: any real experience review and feedback needed.

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by karen rose, Sep 23, 2014.

1. karen rose

karen rose New Member

Sadly not sure why but my first post was deleted.. We are looking into buying a wooden kitchen and Betta Living seems the cheapest deal of them all. We ruled out John Lewis and Harvey Jones as out of our budget.
    We have booked a BettaLiving designer salesman next month to come in for a full free quote but has I seem to find good as well as bad reviews, I would love to hear your real life experience with this company. Is it too good to be true?

2. Andy Farrington

Andy Farrington New Member

As you have probably found out by now Betta Living use 198os style sales tactics. We had them around because my wife liked the showroom. A two hour consultation turned into four and a Kitchen drawn on Graph paper that two year old could have produced. The price starts at an astronomical level and the 'discounts' get applied and the pressure begins to build sign up there and then or lose the 'discount' . I kicked the salesman out . I am very wary of the positive reviews on sites like Trustpilot and Review Centre they look fake to me - google 'SEO and Atroturfing' to see how its done.

3. A Glason

A Glason New Member

Look at www.diy-kitchens.com Rigid Kitchens, good quality. Betta living push and push, and put everything on their fitters who are not contracted to the company so if anything goes wrong they don't care.

4. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

We had a Magnet kitchen fitted. No problems at all. The money is paid to Magnet, so any probs that is down to them as they sub out the fitting. Yeah, we all know about 50% off, but we know what a kitchen would roughfly cost, so stick to that price. Must admit, after 18 months, we have been happy with ours.

5. ramona

ramona New Member

I agree with Andy, 1980s style selling tactics at silly prices. After a 2 hour visit my friend an I just felt verbally violated! They wanted to charge him £10k for a white gloss kitchen that I thought seemed extremely expensive as it's no bigger than the one I had done a few years ago.

We went around a few stores and after being insulted above, we spent the weekend quoting up and getting the best prices possible. Homebase gave us a fantastic plan and 3D view which we used the get other quotes from others hehe:)

Price for a 14 unit Kitchen (S=Sale price).

Betta Living:~£10,000 (S)
    B&Q: ~£3,600 (S)
    DIY Kitchens:~£3,200
    Homebase:~£4,500 (S)
    Howdens: ~£5,000 (S)
    Magnet: ~£4,900 (S)
    Wickes:~£4,500 (S)
    Wren Living:~£4,600 (S)
    Units Online:~£3,360

Don't go with the first price, to some shopping around first.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014