Betta Living

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by BBMD Apps, Jan 16, 2010.

1. BBMD Apps

BBMD Apps New Member

Hi all, 2 days ago my wife and I had a sales rep from Betta Living round to our home for a consultation and quote on a new kitchen. I've read many bad things about this company and was skeptical but from our own personal experience so far they seem professional. The salesman appeared very pleasant, knowledgeable and competent. He was at our home for nearly 4 hours but to be fair to him he didn't put any pressure on us to buy and took time to answer every single question that we fired at him regarding product pricing and fitting. We like the examples that he showed us and the product seems to be of good quality. Furthermore the quote seemed reasonable inclusive of fitting. I would really appreciate the views of anyone who has had good or bad experiences with this company recently !

2. spanner man 2

spanner man 2 New Member

before accepting the quote , i would get at least three quotes , different companys have different prices and guarantees , me personally i fit kitchens for benchmark
    (travis perkins) i find they are good quality kitchens and they look after you in after sales too , which to me is very important .
    anyone selling a kitchen in your home is on a commission expect to pay 33% extra on this kitchen
    good luck andy

3. joinerjohn

joinerjohn New Member

As spannerman says, get another few quotes from different company's before you commit. You may well find that if you supply the kitchen, you may well be able to find someone to fit it cheaper than the company that's supplying it.
    companies almost always rip you off on the fitting (charge far too much) :)

4. BBMD Apps

BBMD Apps New Member

Responses appreciated, i guess you should never jump straight into buying a kitchen without getting other quotes first. We've also had a quote from a company called KBBC - they were more expensive by about £3,000 for a similar spec kitchen - an extra £1,000 of that was just to fit the kitchen. The salesman was also a bit more typical and pushy but more importantly the quality of the product, doors, drawers, the mechanics etc did not seem as well finished or as solid as betta living's product. Has anyone actually bought a kitchen from either betta living or kbbc recently who can shed some light on the service / final fitted outcome, after signing up ? Many thanks

5. BBMD Apps

BBMD Apps New Member

Thanks for the contribution...One man's SPAM is another man's life savings that he doesn't want to waste mr 'EX'-kitchen fitter.

6. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

These companies do business by sending in the charmers first, you only get the cowboys when it's too late....you have been warned!

7. OP if you are genuine then my apologies.

Usually a post which sings the praises of a single company like you have done is SPAM.

If it looks like SPAM, tastes like SPAM then generally it is SPAM.

8. Woodstock777

Woodstock777 New Member

Listen wisely to hotdog, have so much evidence against this company in the form of pictures and emails.hope you stayed well clear, Check my previous posts for my email address if youd like to know and see more

9. Dave Rogers

Dave Rogers New Member

I too have seen these guys on google - As a fitter myself I am always looking for new suppliers, what are the reviews like as I can;t seem to finy anything myself?

10. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Just to add a little info based on an enquiry I made to them, they advertise two full page ads in our local rag, one for kitchens and one for bedrooms and I rang them enquiring about possibility of doing electrical work for them. It transpires that they make their fitters wholly responsible for every aspect of the installation which would be the fit itself, the electrics including Part P and certification and plumbing including Gas Safe requirements. This means that individual teams of fitters will either be self proficient in all of those trades or they will have their own dedicated subbies to cover the gaps. From the companies point of view it keeps their life simple as they can focus on the sales, production and delivery of the kitchen materials but if anything goes wrong with the customer I can imagine that the poor fitters get a really hard time getting paid. That's how I see it. Whether this colours your judgment of the company I don't know but I probably would ask them how they guarantee what they do as companies who try to pass the buck on to the fitters are possibly not going to give such a good back-up service. Just my view, nothing against Betta Living. :)

11. devonkitchens

devonkitchens Member

That's how kitchen direct, B&Q, alas no more, M.F.I., to be honest all the sub contracted installation teams have to work.
    Sometimes KD called in a building firm to do any major alterations prior to a fit. The only way to know what they're like is to talk to one of their fitters.