Biggest Wally and Most Helpful on this forum

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by HOTDOG ø, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Amen to BAS's last post.

It says it all.

Yep. You get what is thought you deserve.

Turned full circle then.

When one child is determined to deserve a smack, that is when it should be administered(if at all).

It still goes back to fear of retribution, of which there is NONE today, that's why the kids run amok.

We(those who do) don't smack kids for the fun of it. We actually believe that is does them GOOD to know that wrongdoings get harsh treatment, and hope that they grow up knowing this.

Have you heard kids today ? Running riot in their own homes, smashing the place up when they don't get what they want, swearing(God knows where they learn the words) at their parents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, strangers, elders, teachers etc etc

These aren't kids that have a father to knock them down when they do such things.

They are kids that know they can't be touched for it.

Pathetic.

Mr. HandyAndy - really

2. cliffy brown

cliffy brown New Member

wally - tommy saxondale

most helpful - tommy saxondale (he makes me feel good about myself)

3. Tommy_Saxondale

Tommy_Saxondale New Member

creepy evil posts ....

duane doberman

Heroes ...
    bas ...
    WTF at 1950s England is him an final *right on * Living...
    talk about 1984 ...

anyway real heroes fans an non freaks post here ..;-)

4. devil's advocate

devil's advocate New Member

Mr Ha.

"When one child is determined to deserve a smack, that is when it should be administered(if at all)."

The main flaw in your comment - and it's a HUGE one - is that you assume that every parent is capable of making a good judgement.

Many, as we know, are not capable of that judgement - and THAT'S one of the causes of society's ills.

However, you do have a point with your last few paragraphs - kids running amok in their homes because there is simply no-one in there capable of controlling them - but that is a different issue, with a different cause.

However, even in these cases, it is possible to restore order without using the threat of physical force - and, in fact, the most successful gains are through not using fear.

I'm afraid I find your attitude shockingly simplistic, Mr Ha, and requires a shockingly simplistic answer: sit down and watch a few episodes of Super Nanny; gaze in wonder and ask yourself "wow... how the fuck does she do that..."

(I'll give you a clue - they don't shut off the cameras while they give the kid a good beating...)

5. Mr. Handyandy

a shockingly
    simplistic answer: sit down and watch a few episodes
    of Super Nanny; gaze in wonder and ask yourself
    "wow... how the fuck does she do
    that..."

(I'll give you a clue - they don't shut off the
    cameras while they give the kid a good beating...)

She's a stranger. That's how she does that.

She has permission from the parent to chastise the kids, and the kids KNOW why she is there.

How many times after she has disappeared from their house, has the parent failed to continue the 'strict' regime ?

The kids learn that their mom won't be as strict again, and it all falls apart.

Bring a policeman into the house to have a word with an errant child. The child will be terrified.

But then the copper goes home, and it's back to normal.

These kids. They ain't stupid. They know what's what.

And they need showing that they cannot get away with it.

Unfortunately, the softly softly approach teaches them the exact OPPOSITE.

Mr. HandyAndy - really

6. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

well i never whacked my kids, but i did the occasstion smack on the legs, and yes it hurt me, but more so to see their face, that said did you really do that dad??? . both kids have grown up great, 25 and 20, never brought the police to the door,and both doin ok, last fathers day,the youngest bought me a badge, it red number 1 dad, and i proudly wore it to the pub on sunday,,next day my son asks me "did you wear the badge to the pub dad " yes i replied, " why do you not wear it today then" said he, " cos its not fathers day today. said I, " but you're still number 1 dad " said he, ,,,,any one can breed kids, but it takes a man to be a dad, its not in the smacking but in the leadership. lead by example, if you're a good un you're kids will be too.

7. MR DIAZ

MR DIAZ Active Member

both kids have grown up great, 25
    and 20,

That not just because you did not hit them. It´s because of their upbringing. You´re obviously a good father that´s why they respect you.

8. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

thank you mr DIAZ

9. MR DIAZ

MR DIAZ Active Member

You are welcome Tom :)

10. devil's advocate

Yeah thanks dad.

11. devil's advocate

Mr Ha.

Your arguments are sooo facile, you are beyond help.

I give up.

12. cliffy brown

cliffy brown New Member

well i never whacked my kids, but i did the
    occasstion smack on the legs, and yes it hurt me, but
    more so to see their face, that said did you really
    do that dad??? . both kids have grown up great, 25
    and 20,
    never brought the police to the door,and both
    doin ok, last fathers day,the youngest bought me a
    badge, it red number 1 dad, and i proudly wore it to
    the pub on sunday,,next day my son asks me "did you
    wear the badge to the pub dad " yes i replied, " why
    do you not wear it today then" said he, " cos its not
    fathers day today. said I, " but you're still number
    1 dad " said he, ,,,,any one can breed kids, but it
    takes a man to be a dad, its not in the smacking but
    in the leadership. lead by example, if you're a good
    un you're kids will be too.

poor old rhys wont though will he tom, you piece of filth

13. Mr. Handyandy

Mr Ha.

Your arguments are sooo facile, you are beyond help.

I give up.

On the contrary. They are to the point and honest.

It is the 'do-gooders' that are *** the country(world) up.

It is the 'do-gooders' that have not thought out the consequences.

Here's another 'do-gooder' suggestion. It has been suggested that the parents should be fined for not keeping their kids under control.

Well, well, well.

What do you suppose the outcome of that will be ?

It will inspire the parents to 'whack' their kids harder, anything rather than pay a fine, that's what.

Pathetic, all of it.

Mr. HandyAndy - really

[Edited by: admin5]

14. ban-all-sheds

ban-all-sheds New Member

15. devil's advocate

Mr Ha.

On the contrary. They are sooo facile, you are beyond help.

(This one could run and run...)

16. Mr. Handyandy

Mr Ha.

On the contrary. They are sooo facile, you are beyond
    help.

(This one could run and run...)

It's not ME that needs help.

It is the do-gooders that can't see that they are letting the kids walk all over them.

Give the kids more credit. They KNOW they can walk all over you.

Unless they get slapped down for it.(And I don't mean in an overly violent way).

I mean, short, hard shock, sort of way.

Hah, you won't listen, and neither will bas.

So we'll just have to put up with the killings, stabbings, disruption, truancy, couldn't give a tss society of kids they YOU are breeding, won't we ?

Mr. HandyAndy - really

17. devil's advocate

You are an astonishing piece of work sometimes, Mr Ha.

Blind almost beyond belief.

Have I mentioned that my kids, for instance, don't walk all over me, and I'm pretty confident they won't kill, stab, disrupt, truant...

But perhaps I should give them a 'short, hard shock' just to be sure, to be sure.

18. limestone cowboy

limestone cowboy New Member

Handy, violence against children can never be justified. In the past, it was thought that you could teach young people respect by the threat of physical punishment. It appears to work but what actually happens is that you teach fear and you end up with control, not respect. If control is what you want, then that's fine. This is how military training and interrogation work. Is that what you want for your children?

There is a further problem. Not every child can be controlled by the threat of punishment (I am using this word to include physical punishment and other harsh treatment) and react defiantly to it. I was an example of this, read my message in the 'scumbag' topic. Also, punishment is only really effective the first time it is used because it is the fear of the unknown that is most powerful. Subsequent punishment has to be more severe and you end up with a type of punishment/defiance arms race. I can tell you about this. Children that are 'broken' by punishment can end up withdrawn, underconfident and with low self-esteem. Is this what you want for your children?

You will quite rightly want to know what my answer to the problem is. I have to go to work now, but I'll be back later. I don't worry, it certainly isn't religion.

19. limestone cowboy

limestone cowboy New Member

That's supposed to be 'And don't worry,...'.

20. devil's advocate

Hi Limestone.

I look forward very much to your post.

I look forward almost as much to Mr Ha's response.

(I'm going to give Mr Ha an extra dilemma my stating now that I don't think it'll make any difference to his 'point of view'.

He won't know whether to agree with you to spite me, or to... :))