Bike tyres...

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Dec 15, 2014.

1. 'Ello.

Got myself a 'new' hybrid-style bike a couple of months back and it currently runs on skinny 'road' tyres size 622-28 also known as 28-1.25 I believe. Also possibly known as 29er too?

Bought wider tyres for it - 622-50, or 28-2".

But cannot get matching tubes to suit. Cannot find tubes to fit. A complete maze of tube sizes out there which has thoroughly confused me - what fluffin' size do I need?

I have looked, really I have. Every bludy tube on eBay has been checked. Nadda. :(

Ta muchly :)

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

can you understand Australian ? if so this might help,

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

DA, look for a 700-50c tube.

4. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Take it to a proper bike shop. I'm sure they'll advise what inner tubes you need. ;);)

5. Thanks Phil - that's the one, is it?

Why are these figures so bludy confusing and seemingly contradictory... :rolleyes:

6. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I reckon they do it just to confuse you DA. :p:p:p:p

7. Phil - will 28 x 1.75/2.125 fit? Ie - the '28' bit?

Thanks.

8. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

9. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

What makes you think the '28' bit wouldn't fit the 28 ? Any where within a quarter (.25) difference will work.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

10. joiner1959

joiner1959 Active Member

I generally use' Chain Reaction' for hard to get bike stuff. Just treated myself to 140 quids worth of Selle Italia saddle. Boootiful.

11. Well, my new bike is a decent enough Ridgeback Velocity with a 27" frame (yes - the saddle is set to its lowest :oops: ) - and it cost me less than half your seat o_O.

I wouldn't necessarily call these tubes 'hard to get'. They are more 'hard to understand'...

12. I think it'll work Mr Ha, but in the world of bike tyres, 28 is not always the same as 28.

Thanks for that link, Phil, but I'm still a bit confused.

Anyways, I'm trying to get clarification from the actual sellers of the tubes.

Ta all.

13. joiner1959

joiner1959 Active Member

14. joiner1959

joiner1959 Active Member

Continental MTB 28x1.75-2.5 will fit.

15. Many thanks, J'59 - that seems to be the jobbie :D

Which seems to be similar to 700-50 - so thanks too Phil.