Bikes

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by teabreak, May 6, 2015.

?

If the bicycle was a new invention like the Segway would it be allowed on the public roads?

1. Yes suitable for normal roads

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No leisure use only

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

I wonder what you think, if the bicycle was a new invention like the Segway would it be allowed on the public roads or be restricted to off road leisure/sport use, given the poor protection road holding on wet and slippery surfaces and performance it has?

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Hope we never see them allowed, bad enough now with bikes using bl***y pavements, think if it was a Segway.:mad:

3. I really really like my bike... :oops:

4. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

I like my bike, just a shame everyone else has had a go on it.:p

5. Bikes should not be allowed on roads with speed limits higher than 30 mph unless they have a cycle lane

6. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Yeah, what did you say her name was again?

;)

KIAB likes this.
  7. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

Bendy Wendy...:p

8. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

I hate push bikes with a passion, they are a pain in the ****, think they own the roads, ride 3 abreast down the country roads and refuse to move over, when one kills themself in London by putting themself under a lorry all hell is let loose and the stupid greenies start the ban lorries campaign all over again, without realising that the lorries are the backbone of London where as they are, well, just there in the way.

9. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

As a former cyclist but now one who thinks 90% are a pain in the **** this is very good. However pedestrians, cyclists, horse riders, farmers with cattle are all legitimate road users along with cars, vans & lorries. In an ideal world there would be more segregation between them. I would not dare cycle on a main road now.

10. Blimey, is that what our world has become? If you ain't in a car or a lorry, then f'off.

11. Phil the Paver

On main roads, yes, they are a danger to everybody with their total inconsiderate attitude to all around them, other cyclists
    included.

12. PaulBlackpool

Unfortunately the inconsiderate cyclists far outnumber the considerate ones now IMHO. You know the ones you carefully make room for them approaching traffic lights and they just avoid the red lights by going on the pavement and leave you in the middle of the road looking a right prat. But there are good & bad users of the Road of all types.
    Motorcyclists ( a very few I hope!) have been known to kick car wing mirrors off so they can get through , so my biker son tells me.

13. Phil the Paver

As a motorcyclist I've never heard of anybody kicking a wing mirror off to get through, I've heard off lots being knocked off because the car driver was being a cockk and causing the bike to serve or brake heavy due to their bad driving and lack of awareness of what is around them.

14. PaulBlackpool

Yes there are a lot of bad drivers on the roads. You have to concentrate all the time and use all three mirrors. I once had a minor bump in a car when I just looked down momentarily to change a cassette tape. The best one was when a female car driver ran into the side of my car when I was stationary and she said she did not see me (in a Ford CMAX) I thought of saying are you blind !

15. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Pain getting stuck behind one, mind you there is the odd exception!

plumber-boy likes this.
  16. Yes if they are a danger to themselves and other road users as they seem to be round my way, Incompetent cyclists on winding roads with national speed limits refusing to move over and cycling slowly 3 feet out from the hedge.