Bird boxes

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by Tomthebuilder, Mar 2, 2017.

1. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

don't think so

2. enc

enc Active Member

There's always one lol !!

media.costco.co.uk/medias/sys_master/root/h46/h22/8811412914206.jpg?buildNumber=RELEASE-81-SVN-2938

3. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Over the years we've had loads of bird boxes in the garden, usually the fancy looking ones from garden centres. Yeah they sure look nice when you get them home but in reality, they're a piece of junk stapled together that rot and rust and fall apart in a few years. Then on a Sunday, it becomes the mans job to repair them

There's only so many repairs you can do on a piece of cr*p until it becomes a waste of time and effort

In honesty, the only boxes that have lasted are several made by my boys at cubs / scouts many years ago. They may be a little wonky here and there, basic in design and not as cosmetically pretty, but, they have lasted years and years and were hand made by my boys so you can't beat that !

4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

You mean BAT?

No definatley a sparrow, seen them today.

5. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I was talking about the one beginning and ending with T. There was a frequent visitor around here - but he got banned :D:D:D

6. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Think they've made a nest, seen the female and male was in nest.

Wanted to reproof the porch this year but cant disturb it now.

7. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Birds and animals can cause all sorts of problems to a build, there was a litter of feral cat kittens under a hire cabin we wanted to return, called the RSPCA to get them recovered. RSPCA officer couldn't get them and neither could we cut the cabin, so we had to wait and pay the hire charge until the mother moved the kittens