Black mould in bathroom

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Neveryoumind, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Neveryoumind

Neveryoumind Active Member

It's crunch time, I have this weekend and this weekend only to sort the mould in the bathroom.
    My fiancée has been going on at me for 2 months now, In that time the mould has speckled all over the wall and some of the other wall.
    I know it's not a water ingress issue and I have already installed an extractor fan which has slowed but not stopped the mould.

How do I get rid/kill the mould? Do I have to buy special paint? I already some Leyland trade left over from another room.

I would appreciate any advice. The cheaper the advice, the more i'd appreciate it.

Thanks

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Warm water and bleach.

3. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

You need to use bathroom paint, or eggshell as its moisture resistant. soft sheen or Matt

upload_2016-4-8_15-52-36.jpeg

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Ventilation, ventilation, ventilation + install an extractor fan. Bathroom paint as has already been suggested or Dulux Trade Mouldshield if your pockets are deep.

KIAB likes this.
  5. Neveryoumind

Neveryoumind Active Member

Thanks for your replies, I am going to start, after this cup of tea.....

Got my bleach and water in a spray bottle, couldn't get the dulux gear but got Johnson's stuff, mould guard or something it's called.

Thanks again