Blanking plate q

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Coloumb, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Hey guys - I'm trying to fit a blanking plate to replace the timer on a Potterton Combi 80 (timed thermostat now fitted) and I have the plate but I think I'm missing a couple of clips or something along those lines. If you take a look at the fitting diagram there are what look like a couple of clips circled in red.

Anyone got any idea's what I need to get/ask for?

Central Bedfordshire-20140106-00184.jpg Central Bedfordshire-20140106-00185.jpg Central Bedfordshire-20140106-00187.jpg

2. Is this for yourself, Col, or a customer?

If it's for yourself, I can suggest three hundred and twenty five ways to fix that cover in place. And none of them involves asking for anything.

Cough.

I'm surprised that these two li'l clips are separate items - you'd think they'd be part of the cover's moulding.

If you really, really must, then contact Pooterton and ask for the "2 wee clips that hold the wee round cover in place".

3. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Lol cheers DA. I found the spares list this morning on line and have ordered the right part(s) off interpart through one of thier dealers - otherwise it's like £8 postage.

4. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Are those/were those clips still attached to the timer mech ?

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

5. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Mate, tbh if you were asking a n00b I might think that was funny :rolleyes:

6. (Snigger - I think he's just found them there... ;))

Coloumb likes this.
  7. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select