blum internal drawers

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by seneca196, Apr 14, 2010.

1. seneca196

seneca196 Member

Hi,
    I'm after some internal drawers for my 500 units, but don't quite know what to order and how to fit them. I'm after the blum tandembox variety, but have come across 2 types - one says they are full width of the cabinet and need a different kind of door hinge. The other says it is full width but needs a packer to offset the hinge. How can this be so? looking at my tandembox drawers at the top of the units, they fit the exact width with no room for a packer. Are internal drawers narrower, or different to standard tandembox drawers. Very confusing?
    anyone any experience of internal drawers?
    thanks

2. jasonb

jasonb New Member

You can use the zero protrusion hinges BUT this only moves the door away from the inside of the carcase so the draw clears the DOOR you won't be able to have a draw where the hinge is eg the draws need spacing vertically so they miss the hinge positions. Same with the hinge packers.

If you want to space the draws where you like then you need to pack out the carcase side so the whole draw is narrower on the hinge side and misses any hinge mountings like these where you can see there is a wider spacer on the left.

Jason

3. seneca196

seneca196 Member

thanks jason. so, just to be clear, if I put the drawers where they avoid the hinges, do I then to to pack out any sides or add a spacer to the 0 hinge.

impressive pics in your link. pity there isn't a zoom for a closer look.

4. jasonb

jasonb New Member

Yes you still need to pack the hinge or preferably change to a "zero protrusion" one

look at this pdf it shows the ZP hinge and placement

Jason