Boiler and controller

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by mrppp, Sep 30, 2016.

1. mrppp

mrppp Active Member

Looking at Sundial C plan, is a 1.5mm T&E protected by a 6 A MCBO ok from consumer unit to Honeywell junction board? Will have a 3 amp fused switch as per boiler and controller documentation.
    I'm assuming because it is fused at 3 amp, no real need for 2.5mm cable and 16 amp RCBO

2. I assume you mean an R.C.B.O yes it will be ok,but I always run 2.5.

3. mrppp

mrppp Active Member

yes R.C.B.O :) And use a 16A R.C.B.O

4. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Correct mrppp, no need for 2.5mm cable or 16 amp breaker for this!

5. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

That'll work, I have a condensing combi three zone system with the Nest thermostat - That is all run off a 10a RCBO and 1.5mm cable and a 3a fuse at the FCU
    The 16a and 2.5mm is usually for when an immersion heater is fitted.

6. mrppp

mrppp Active Member

So maybe run 2.5mm and 16A run to a 20amp double pole isolator switch that way i could fit emersion if required i guess at later date

Joe95 likes this.
  7. You need a fused connection unit with a 3 amp fuse for your boiler and controls.
    You could run a radial from a 20amp RCBO with the fcu for boiler and 20 amp double pole switch for immersion heater, although I like to keep immersion on its own circuit.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2016
  8. mrppp

mrppp Active Member

Ok going to run 2 x 2.5mm T&E one for immersion and one for controls, both on isolation switches both on own RCBO. Got it all covered then:)