Boiler fitted by unregistered guy. What do I do now?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Mr Lahey, Nov 25, 2014.

1. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

I only work on Fridays JJ.:)

2. You sayin' I'm chust bludy lucky, JJ :p ?

3. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Dunno DA, as I only know you through this forum (internet land is a very anonymous place, so you could be anyone)
    So,, yes I could say that you've been lucky. There again, you sound pretty much "on the ball",so chances are that after so many years of operation, your boiler is fine. (but as I said, internet land is an anonymous place and you could well be economical with the truth (just saying like,, not that I'd accuse you of anything untowards) ;);)

4. joinerjohn1

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

5. Walt Systems

Walt Systems Member

I know. The conditioned cannot stop.

6. Walt Systems

Walt Systems Member

Timber lifter, that is relating to receiving money for work. He still can't read properly. Sad isn't it. I gave you the law. Now read it again and I explained what the pars say for the hard of thinking.

7. Walt Systems

Walt Systems Member

We are only interested in the law. Which is very clear. Competent DIYers can do gas work.

8. Walt Systems

Walt Systems Member

You pervo.

9. Walt Systems

Walt Systems Member

An "Approved Code of Practice" is not the law. I posted the law and explained it for the hard of thinking.

10. Admin! ADMIN!!!

Hmmmm. Let's try 'Alt/Control/Delete'. Nope, that ain't workin' either... :oops:

11. joinerjohn1

Tell ya what Walter, if your unregistered (which I suspect to be the case) Contact either Gas Safe (you won't because you already know what their answer will be) or better still , contact the HSE. Or (even better) contact both by email preferably because then you can cut n paste the replies on here (you know you want to cut n paste again dontcha)

12. cypher007

cypher007 New Member

I got chucked off the a plumbers forum for, amongst other offences, taking off my boilers casing to try and fix my heat exchanger by soaking it in white vinegar then draining it via the drain plug.

they said I needed to be GS to even take off the boiler casing!!!

13. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

You love me really Walt and I'm a very competent pervo.:)

14. Walt Systems

Walt Systems Member

Which of course is total nonsense.

15. Walt Systems

Walt Systems Member

Timber lifter, I go to the law, not a government agency or a self-interest group.

16. joinerjohn1

I'll take that to be a resounding "No I won't contact them" then. ;););) (didn't think ya would, so I've emailed the HSE for advice on the legality of what you are telling others on here, When I get a reply I will copy n paste it here)

17. Walt Systems

Walt Systems Member

Timber Lifter, I go to the butcher not his block.

18. You need to stop this nonsense, JJ (wags finger.)

Making up ridiculous scenarios to suit yourself and then claiming a 'win' when peeps don't jump through your invented hoops...

Dare I ask you again; State on here that it's a fact that a DIYer isn't allowed to work on his own gas appliance even if he carries out the work to the required (ie - 'competent') standard .

That's all - yea or nae.

That should bring this sorry thread to a close.

(Fat chance... :rolleyes: )

19. joinerjohn1

I'll let you know the reply Walt.. (same first name as Mr Disney I see, 'n' he was a Mickey Mouse character too) :p:p:p:p

20. Eh?

It wus me wot asked... :)