Boilermate 2000 question (They are rubbish)

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Pjclarke1978, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Pjclarke1978

Pjclarke1978 Member

Wonder if anyone knows much about these Gledhill Boilermate 2000 Thermal Storage heaters. My gf has one of these in her house. Basically the thing makes the house feel like an oven all the time. Installed in a downstairs cupboard(pipework is shocking, see attached pic. The whole house is constantly hot all the time. Is there any way to reduce the temperature of these things so the house isn't so hot all the time?.

Next door had the same issue, house always hot. The unit failed, removed the boilermate, now house isn't always like an oven.

Most plumbers I know run a mile when you mention these units. Usually, rip em out they are *****!!!!. Sadly at the moment that's not an option. There seems to be no way to reduce the thermo-state on this unit either. But should the unit fail, its apparently quite hard to get replacement parts.

Any advice would be helpful, apart from rip it out!!!. We already know that.

Attached Files:

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

so what advice can we tell you? you already know the answer, there's no magic wand,no kwik fix and if i was allowed to say rip it out, thats' what I say, sorry don't shoot the mess...BANG,,,,,,:(

3. meady

meady Member

Best bet, rip it out :)

4. elefantman

elefantman Member

The question any good plumber would ask is has it always been like that, if the answer is yes then it's an issue with how the controls and zone thermostats have been installed, if the answer is no it was ok when new then it's a faulty component that with a little investigation can be easily repaired, some clowns will just want you to rip it out and fit whatever cheap combi they are getting a deal on this week, your choice !

5. www.ivangas.com

www.ivangas.com New Member

i think boilermate 2000 went bust a few years a go, i would scRAP IT