Boiler's condensing pipe outlet - what can I do to 'tidy'?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by SteveMJ, Jul 23, 2014.

1. "...some had their insulation hanging off and some were banana shaped..." sounds like the only thing they got 'right' was running it into the rainwater pipes...

2. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

based on the rest of what you spotted, probably not, or at least not overseen by a competent person

3. proby

proby Active Member

You posted this at 4.42am please dont tell me you where up till then googling it.

4. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

it's a bit odd that you have such a keen interest in my activities - for what it's worth it was a nice calm evening so we took the boat out overnight fishing - and I usually manage with just a couple of hours sleep anyway

I love the taste of fresh mackerel in the morning

5. proby

proby Active Member

Not interested in your activities one jot I just think you need helpo_O

6. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

not surprising really only a fisherman can tell fisherman's tales, there's a fine line twixt a crazy guy and the bait on his hook, hope you realise a lot of the condensate going in the mainstream sewers ends up in the sea, it'll eat through your boat before you can launch the life jackets, or the straight jackets, :rolleyes:

7. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

The neighbors next door to my parents house also had their boiler replaced by the council. The plumbers tapped into the rainwater downpipe in 22mm overflow pipe also. A mapp torch flame was used to make to hole in the pipe. Because the are end of terrace they ran the 22mm copper gas pipe externally. Later it was boxed in using wood. the came back later to tidy up the brick work as there was a large balanced flu in place, and didn't do a good job of it.

8. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

you'll have to do better than that pal

9. Ok, I need help and I'm interested in your activities... :oops:

Anyways, bumped into that Jilted John cove up there, Sean? :)

10. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

he's on one of the little islands, pops over and does a few arty things from time to time - spotted Paxo the other day bumbling around

11. proby

proby Active Member

Just call it as I see it:)

12. Mbile66access

Mbile66access New Member

Condensate from a Gas boiler contains Nitric Acid and from an Oil boiler Nitric and Sulphuric acid. Building regs allow for condensate o discharge into a Rainwter/Foul Water manhole/sewer through plastic pipe only. Condensate eats away Lime in concrete so should not discharge near foundations or brickwork and certainly not onto a concrete apron.

13. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

OK THANKS!!o_O

14. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I had my spit anyalized today just out of curiosity,
    it contains uric acid,lager residue,tomatoite fertilzer,onion nitrate,potato potasium,pie filling,cucumber ensigns,lettuce calamite,and some chemical called pubic peroxide oxigene, the scientist, a well known bio-chemist lecturer at Oxford told me to never share a toothbrush,cup or knives n' forks with anyone, he then asked if anything strange happened to me in my lifetime, I answered no not that i can remember except perhaps once while pony tracking in a remote part of Peru I was bitten by a rattlesnake, they rushed it to hospital but the snake died in just 20 minutes,
    funny how chemicals can react to people in differant ways :confused:

15. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

HA HA!! That did make me laugh Tom,what do you think killed the snake?I'm going for tomatorite fertiliser.:p:p