Books and guides

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by madhatter1uk, Feb 17, 2016.

1. madhatter1uk

madhatter1uk Screwfix Select

Which industry related books would you recommend that someone get for reference?

2. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

If you can get a copy of all of the guidance notes for 7671. I have all of them for the 16th but they are still pretty useful if a bit out of date.

madhatter1uk likes this.
  3. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

Why dont you buy a copy of the regs, 496 pages of waffle for the princely sum of £72

4. madhatter1uk

There are dozens of books out there. I've bought books in the past and felt I'd wasted my money.

5. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I work in the Library, there's loads of books here :)

madhatter1uk likes this.
  6. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

Is this worth the money?
    How many pages in it?
    [​IMG]

About £25

madhatter1uk likes this.
  7. spinlondon

spinlondon Screwfix Select

No.
    Might be if they ever get around to fixing the errors?

8. madhatter1uk

Will pop down tomorrow. That's a good idea. If I do want to buy them I can look to see what's in them first.

9. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

They have books on Depression too, self help books or books on prescription they're called :)

10. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

Every practising spark should have a copy of the regs and the OSG, it also helps to correct the current (In) chit-chat that is going on in here with poor advice from some to say the least. .

11. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

My library has gotten rid of quite a few electrical books, there's only a handful now. If books don't get borrowed then they are sold off to book buyers.

College library will have more books on the subject, but don't know if you can get a public membership, especially if its a technical college or they course for electricians.

12. madhatter1uk

Is it that obvious that I'm suffering depression :).
    I think the regs are a waste of money. I think I'll get on site guide. But I'd like an up to date electricians guide on General and testing. The snag guides are guide but they don't do updates for them. They're out of date already.

13. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

They have this book at the library - good book with picys.

madhatter1uk likes this.
  14. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Good night people [​IMG] Keep depression at bay

Tomorrow is a new day :)

madhatter1uk likes this.
  15. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Have you had your Vit B12 levels checked, I was so low today I couldn't go to work but then I had a jab and also found out I was 9 months overdue.

16. madhatter1uk

I need a good woman. It's the last one that caused it.

17. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Can't help you there, I found a great one over 20 years ago and then stopped looking :)

18. madhatter1uk

If JW did a book it would be full of saying like we don't need that, we won't do that, a horrible plastic thing, so that's that, the right way of doing things, And other phrases.

19. nffc

nffc Active Member

Every electrician should have BS7671 and be able to navigate it. We was taught how to navigate it in college. The On Site Guide is just a 'guide' and is not a replacement for BS7671. You really need to ask, if you cannot use BS7671 are you in the right trade?

20. madhatter1uk

I've got an old red copy. That'll do.