Bosch (blue) or Dewalt or Metabo

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Rooky007, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Rooky007

Rooky007 New Member

I am after a new combi drill but torn between the 3 manufacture.

I looked at the dewalt screw fix got for £129. In future ill get a 4.0 ah battery for it when can be got at good price. I been told Bosch the way to go then again there metabo who I believe are good since it made in Germany????

2. J.P.

J.P. New Member

Bosch Blue anyday Rooky. Get your deal, and then when purchased register it on the Bosch website for the 3 year guarantee.

3. ilikethislady

ilikethislady New Member

Hi Rooky,
    Bosch all the way, but if you can get 'Green', there the same as the blues (trade) just cheaper as they are for the diyer, I've got mainly green and when they need looking at Bosch pick up and return in 5 days, you wont get that with the blue ones.

If you can afford it Milwalkie is the very best...

AW

4. J.P.

J.P. New Member

Green and Blue are not really the same Lady. Although DIY myself I always go for the Bosch Blue as they are more robust then the Bosch Green

To sum it up - Green are ok for occassional DIY use, but Blue is the best for more intensive DIY use as well as for builders and electricians etc etc

5. Rooky007

Rooky007 New Member

Now to decide which Bosch ha ha. Shame screw fix not got any good deals at the moment

6. edmund

edmund Guest

go to wickes , plenty there

7. Rooky007

Rooky007 New Member

Wickes don't sell Bosch?

8. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

What Tosh!

Hilti gear is the best on the market along with their life time warranty.

If ya can't afford Hilti then next best is Bosch Blue or Makita Lithium gear.

DeWalt is just Yella Black & Decker ***** made famous by Tomy Walsh cause he got paid rucks and given it all!

9. Rooky007

Rooky007 New Member

I know about hilti where else sell it apart from hilti themselves? £319 direct with them Plus vat

10. ilikethislady

ilikethislady New Member

Bloody hell my dad used to say they where the best, didnt think they where still going, do they come with a plug

AW

11. edmund

edmund Guest

don't they , try b/q then or the pound shop , or nick one or shut up and go away , so many choices

12. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

Google Lawson HIS ! ;)

13. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Bosch green is nothing like bosch blue and anyone who thinks it is to be honest has zero credibility. Sorry to be harsh but that is a stone cold fact. Bosch green is for diyers and anyone who is earning money and uses the green bosch as a regularily used tool should be embarassed. Why do you think a Bosch blue drill is twice or three time the price of a green one. As for the 5 day pick up and return not being available on the Blue, I have no idea what you are talking about. its been quicker than that

Bosch Blue is the nuts to be honest, lots and lots of my kit is, depending on what use you want and what your budget is go for it. Metabo are far east made now I think as indeed are Bosch, their batteries say malaysia now. You could also consider taking a look at the new Stanley Fatmax 18v  li-ion Combi too, I have heard good things about it, 3 yr warranty too. A lot of kit for the money.

14. Rooky007

Rooky007 New Member

Though I update you all I have bough a Bosch blue and wow it th nuts really is good and am well chuff

15. Bosch12

Bosch12 New Member

Sinewave,

I sell the top brand of tools all across the country with over a 1000 customers all  of which are tradespeople and proffessionals and I can tell you that Dewalt are not ***** as you put it they are in fact very high quality and depsite there connection to B&D are nothing alike so please do not sterotype for the sake of it. I have as many tools as you can imagine and from experience I can tell you the internal mechanics of a Dewalt are som imes superior to Bosch or Makita.

Calling different brands **** with no in depth explantion appears to be a trend on forums.

New Member likes this.
  16. Bosch12

Bosch12 New Member

Goldenboy,
    Bosch green and blue are different I agree but suggesting somone who is a proffessional should be embarrassed to use green Bosch is insulting and ridicules. The quality of green Bosch is still much better than many other tools used by proffessionals so please don't sterotype

Also Bosch offers many good brands in the green range which they dont offer in the blue so they either have green or nothing.

New Member likes this.
  17. jeznotts

jeznotts Member

hello
    yeah bosch green is NOT for a pro and i would be embarrased to arrive on a job with it what with all this festool stuff flying around, and sorry man dewalt is nothing like as good as bosch blue how do i know? because i have used it all over the last load of years and not just sold it ( which i have also done) if you have a look at the history of the dewalt stuff it was first introduced to the uk , in this yellow guise, as a semi pro line of stuff and indeed became popular on site because of a great marketing program never liked it , always sucked and you could always tell if some guy on site had all this stuff he would probably suck too, anyways not sure why you think that this opinion is insulting, are you mr  bosch? but the green stuff for the money is actually quite good, metabo, ummm no, always dissapointing, after sales and stuff if it aint available in blue then its probably very gimicky and not needed for a pro, just like you don't get sds max big breakers in the green outfit!:)

simpo likes this.
  18. jeznotts

jeznotts Member

hello
    nice one rooky fella i always had bosch blue but now im a hilti, festool, maffel bloke!

19. jeznotts

jeznotts Member

hello ,with you on this gb looks like the bosch dude doesn't use many tools!btw had a look at the stanley stuff, defo looks the part!

20. jeznotts

jeznotts Member

hello
    and that walsh bloke doesn't know his @rse from his elbow when it comes to woodwork, w@nker.