Bosch (blue) or Dewalt or Metabo

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Rooky007, Aug 26, 2012.

1. michelangelo

michelangelo New Member

I reply to bosch against dewalt , as a man who repairs and looks after both makes as well as others the answer
    is BOSCH BOSCH BOSCH every time .Dewalt have gone down hill due to them outsourcing components with
    less quality control on them .On another note bosch blue far better than bosch green anyone says otherwise
    is basically not all there and they should look at price and work it out.

2. Biochef

Biochef Member

I just buy what I can afford and test to destruction if no good I take it back

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

The OP bought Bosch blue 2 years ago!

4. New Member

New Member New Member

t

Re: Unfair Assumptions about DeWalt

Ok, I am new to the ScrewFix forum and have literally joined up just so I can post this message. I also understand that this discussion is years old and that this message will probably come under attack by haters and trolls but that’s what seems to happen on online forums.

Basically I am becoming annoyed with people on forums constantly bashing the DeWalt range of power tools without really explaining why they don’t like them or which DeWALT tools have failed to meet their expectations. The best reason most people can come up with is that they are owned by Black & Decker who have a terrible reputation and thus by default all DeWalt tools must be garbage. I am sorry but that’s not a good enough reason to simply hate all DeWalt.

I understand the story behind it. Basically Dewalt was purchased by the much hated "Black & Decker" in 1960 to try and improve their damaged reputation and eventually they supposedly placed their "Construction Grade" equipment under the name of DeWalt. I may be incorrect about some of this information so I will apologize in advance if that’s the case.

Now because of the above information a lot of people have chosen to simply hate DeWalt by association regardless of whether their tools actually do the job their supposed to do or not. It's ridiculous! DeWalt sells thousands upon thousands of Power tools every year and often gets rated as one of the best brands of Power tools you can buy but basically in the opinions of a select group of people they must be **** because B&D owns them. Its almost like it's some big secret that only they know that Black & Decker owns Dewalt.

Instead of explaining what DeWalt power tool they didn’t like and why they didn’t like it they simply say all Dewalt is garbage and that's it!

Just because Black&Decker owns the DeWalt trade name does not mean all Dewalt are ****. I personally own a choice few items of DeWalt and think they are brilliant and a lot of people agree with me on that one. For example myself and a friend who is a full time contractor own the DeWalt 745 contractors table saw and I don’t care what anyone else says it is a fantastic tool! I have been using it every week for over 3 years without a single ***** problem. Now am I to assume that I am an idiot who simply doesn't know that DeWalt is actually **** and I have been fooled for over 3 years! I don’t think so! Just look online at the reviews for this saw am I to assume that all these people are also idiots who can't appreciate that really this tool must really be **** because it’s a DeWalt.

I understand that DeWalt like any other tool brand will have produced some bad tools. Every tool brand has produced something which is ****. Even the almighty Festool & Hilti which everyone raves about must have produced something that someone doesn’t like at some point!

I mean Hilti as far as I am aware doesn’t even make a table saw and Festool's table saw is about 3-4 times as expensive as the Dewalt 745 so that’s not going to be applicable to me! I am not saying that Hilti or Festool are bad they are very good but their not always going to be everyone's first choice.

Here is an example of the sort of unjustified forum bigotry I hate-

The above Screwfix member "jeznotts" said in his post that if a bloke turned up onsite with all Dewalt gear he would probably suck at his job. This is the kind of small minded prejudice that really, really disgusts me. I know plenty of skilled carpenters who have Dewalt tools and have been successfully doing their jobs for years. However I am to assume that anyone who uses DeWalt is a clown who has been blinded by a marketing scam pulled off by B&D.

However I am unsure of how much credit to give this member because despite having posted a lot he seems to enjoy complaining mostly. He basically bad mouths DeWalt, Makita, Metabo and Trend. If it's not Blue Bosch, Hilti or Festool he is not interested. That’s basically just narrow mindedness.

Also his comments about green Metabo being unsuitable for professionals because they will be gimmicky is untrue! Metabo's green range of miter saws for example get glowing reviews by a lot of people but again they must be idiots who havent followed "jeznotts" advice.

Instead of offering sound logical advice this guy appears to be simply showing his opinions down your throat with a Hilti Jackhammer.

Anyone who is reading this and is looking to purchase a new tool. Please don’t be disheartened or steered away from a particular brand just because some prejudiced small minded individual doesn’t like them. You should judge every tool for yourself and decide based on the overall views for that particular product whether or not you want to buy them. Don’t simply avoid buying something with glowing reviews and plenty of likes simply because its not the correct brand.

All the Best,

5. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Always nice to welcome a new member:D

malkie129 likes this.
  6. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Just as an aside to this old post,I still have a Bosch DIY circular saw,PKS 46 which is still working fine (although hasn't been used much lately ;) ) The date on the info plate is 1981, so it hasn't done bad. But.....It's blue. I still have the instructions for it which state " not for trade use ". :D:D:D

7. SWBUILDERS

SWBUILDERS Active Member

All experience with Bosch After sales I've had has been terrible, sent GCM 12 Chop saw back after 3 weeks as bevel pin stuck and generally I found saw was not professional quality,(lots of plastic componants and both dewalt and makita equivalents far superior) Bosch sent saw back in bits as they said it would not be repaired free of charge and wanted rediculus price to fix!! Would never buy a Bosch product again, a mix of festool and makita for me.

8. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

when I was an apprentice in the early 80's I had to but a drill,I couldn't afford an expensive one and ended up with a 240v bosch csb400e.Back then there was only one range and it was a light blue colour,I used and abused that drill and it kept going,in my final year I bought Stanley 110v drill and sold the bosch to one of the lads.I ran into him several years later,he still had the drill and it was still going strong.
    On the other hand,I had used Makita for years with no problems however a few years back I had to take a long time(couple of years) out of work due to illness.I was doing some bits around the home and my old grinder had died,I bought another Makita 110v industrial and over the next year it did about 3 hours of reasonably light work.just after the guarantee expired I was using it and it went bang! I opened it up and the armature had failed,in the bin it went,I don't think some of the makita gear is as good as it used to be since they started making it outside Japan.
    My wife bought me a top of the range DeWalt sds one christmas,I took it to work and drilled about 20 5.5 mm holes in light brick and chased about a meter of narrow chase in plaster,the gearbox went,that went back and I got a refund.The annoying thing was the salesman who'd sold it to my wife actually said to me that if I wanted something for work then DeWalt was not the brand to buy,but I've used other tools by them with no problem.
    I bought a Bosch gbh2-24 dfr and had the gearbox fail after an hour.it was replaced and the second one lasted years.I've used Hitachi.Perles,Hilti,Metabo,Kango and most makes of tools over the years,the only one I'd never buy again is the Sparky stuff,it's made in one of the eastern countries I believe and the back up is useless,there's loads of reviews of their so called core drills and they all seem bad.
    Buy any tool and there's always a chance of getting a bad one,same with cars,there,s always a possibility of getting one with issues.It depends how good the back up service is when you do have a problem,in business it's no good if they say it's going to take a fortnight to deal with a fault,ok most people these days have a couple of drills,so you can still work while one is in for repair.However if it's an expensive piece of kit that you don't use very often then buying 2 in case one breaks isn't an option.

9. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Makita quailty has dropped, just look at their mitre saw, looked at one last year, rough casting,very slight head movement, didn't come close to my old Makita saw, in the end went for Bosch.
    Got a Bosch GBH 4 DFE multi drill, had must be nearly 20 years,been very well used, still working perfectly.

10. Working On It

Working On It Member

I've got Makita, Dewalt, Bosch green & Blue and a Milwalkee, most expensive was the Milwalkee, best value for money Bosch 'Green', but I like using the Dewalt, as long as it does a good job I'm not fussed, even if it says 'Titan' on it....

11. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

I was at a trade show a few years back and looking for a new jigsaw. Talking to various reps about their products, including one of them, who happened to work for part of B&D. I went through my tool list, what I had and which brand ... his advice was to buy a specific Bosch jigsaw. Yes, a rep from part of B&D admitted that a competitors jigsaw was way better than theirs. Around 10 year later that same jigsaw is still going.

p.s.

Perhaps the "New Member" should identify himself and which company he works for.

KIAB likes this.
  12. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

I've gone for the Makita range. Just sayin' :)

KIAB likes this.
  13. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Now't wrong with Makita, got their 5" & 9" angle grinders,both been well used, had them years.:)

14. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

So far pleased with my purchases. Top of the range drill driver DHP481 with 2x5Ah batteries, reciprocating saw, multi tool, torch and recently an impact driver (what a great tool this is for those big screws!). Bought an extra 2Ah battery so I have 3. Already got a Bosch corded jigsaw and circular saw from years ago.

I do wish it were possible to buy a set of 6 tools together like is offered, but you get to choose which model drill, impact driver etc you want.

15. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Now that's a good idea.:)

16. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

ITS do a large range of kits.

17. DamocIes

DamocIes New Member

Hi.
    Anyone who claims that Metabo is bad because is green is narrow minded, Metabo is one of leading company's in making professional tools. Festool is not blue, Fein is not blue, Hilti is not blue,so it is not professional?
    We have Makita angle grinder for almost 10 years and still going strong. I had blue Bosch tools lasted years and would buy again, I used Dewalt and I can say it is not bad, but it is not for me. I had Milwaukee for less then a year and I wouldn't buy ever again any Milwaukee tool, build quality and appearance for price tag it`s mockery. Now I got Metabo cordless drill and I love it, superior build and quality. If anyone wants to buy some particular brands you should do some research on reviews.

18. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Wow, what a staggering suggestion :rolleyes: