Bosch GSB 18VE2-Li Cordless Drill/Driver Review

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Hudson's Joinery, Apr 13, 2014.

1. GSB 18VE2-Li I have owned the drill now for over 4 month and its not failed me yet its a power house with 85 Nm of torque and very easy to handle with its weight of only 2.5Kg and length of 228mm its not a arm distroyer you can use the driver all day

[​IMG]

its been well and truly tested with a decking job that I did recently drilling 32mm holes for the lights 52 in total on one 4Ah Battery and still have a bar left and screwing in endless amounts of screws in the decking boards and frame work it did jam up a few times but did not spin me round due to the Electronic Rotation Control (ERC)

I really did push the driver which did get warm and one point shut its self off to cool due to the built in (EMP) and (ECP) but did not take long to start back up agin the hammer action is ok but not brilliant tried fixing the frame to the houses brick work using through bolts with a 10mm masionery drill bit with the Auxiliary Handle with easy lock which it did struggle to get through timber and then into brick so switched back to my GBH 18V-EC Cordless Rotary SDS Hammer Drill

Compaired to my old Drill / Driver the Bosch is leaps and bonds ahead no slipping gears with its all metal gear system its just a tool that you can trust and use day in day out

The package is a good line up too 4.0Ah CoolPack Battery’s with 100% longer battery life and a 30 minute quick charge for when they do run out plus it all comes in the 136 L Boxx system which as i have said in past is the best way to keep orginised and tidy with the click go or stack system

[​IMG]

Functions
    • Multiple gears
    • Impact drilling
    • Forward/reverse operation
    • Auto-Lock
    • Softgrip Handels
    • LED Light

A must have tool for any one in the trade

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Is this Top Gear?

3. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

Hudson,are all your power tools Bosch?I use all makes because you can get a better selection of tools.Bosch are good but I had one of their drills the chuck would always come loose after drilling a couple of holes(drove me mad so I throw it away).

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

5. Not all of them I have 2 Rubi tile saws lol I had noticed that on the above it can come lose for no reason especialy on hammer action if this contiues it will be taken up with bosch

6. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

Yeah mine did it when on hammer action no matter how much I tightened it up,we fell out with each other in the end and I won the war.:)

7. We'll if it's a product fault I will raise this issue on the Bob forum and see what Bosch have to say

8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Could you also ask Bob if anybody makes a drill without a reverse function as I've never liked having the ability to back a drill out. Ta.