Bosch Van Inverter - quite clever

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by sospan, Jan 12, 2017.

1. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Joe95 and KIAB like this.
  2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Now that is very clever,I think it will prove popular & it's compatible with 10.8V and 18V wireless charging batteries.

3. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

I like that! But then I'm a glutton for gadgets and its a bit overkill for the occasional DIYer :p

4. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Never really saw the benefits of the contact charging, you see what they were trying to go towards now. Maybe soon we will understand the reasoning behind why we need tools with Bluetooth in them :rolleyes:

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

No different to wireless phone charging we use now.

6. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Tools with Bluetooth?

Blimey, I only worked out how to use the vans Bluetooth last week:oops:

KIAB likes this.
  7. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Exactly, induction loop charging. I do wonder how fast the charging will be as contactless charging typically doesn't provide high current rates. If the batteries take the best part of an hour to charge normally and it takes twice as long in this setup (it can charge two batteries simultaneously so could take a while) then you might find with a short trip to work, the batteries aren't actually fully charged.

8. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

My cordless circular saw has Bluetooth ;)

9. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

10. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

In theory, wireless charging should make the batteries last longer as the charge rate is slower. In practice, I found my galaxy S6 Edge+ got really quite warm when wireless charging due to the induction thang going on, which in turn heats up the battery, which ain't good. I would expect in this setup the heat generated by the induction process won't get to the batteries, so won't affect battery life, other than may be prolong them a bit as charging will be slower than using a mains charger.

Joe95 likes this.