Brand new booties for workypoos.

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by arthurdrip, Jul 21, 2016.

1. arthurdrip

arthurdrip New Member

What are the best lightweight boots on t' market at the current momento? Much is grassy ****.

2. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

I use Dr Martin's work boots from Arco very comfortable bit pricey but worth it

3. arthurdrip

arthurdrip New Member

Thanks Peter. I'll check them out.

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Using steel cap trainers at the moment.

Like my DM's hard wearing, nice & comfy espeecially in winter.

5. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

I've found the Site boots from Screwfix to be quite comfy, although as with all boots, why are the laces so stupidly long.

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Using their steel cap trainers, real comfy, only £24:99p, tend to wear all the time.
    That's my main gripe, the laces, too long, & I had to order the size 12, as they are not a stock item in the branches.

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I bought a pair of their boots a few weeks and very comfy but as said unless you use all the loops which will take an hour a day to put them on and off you will trip over the laces

8. stateit

stateit Screwfix Select

I love my Blundstones: No laces and last for ages. They last a good 3 times as long as £30-£50 boots, and are comfier. I used to get through two to three pairs of cheaper boots a year.

Here: http://www.screwfix.com/search?search=blundstone

9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Couldn't be seen wearing those. :):)

10. stateit

stateit Screwfix Select

It's allright. I can't see you.
    The bottom of your trouser legs should cover them up anyway. Unless you're like my bro-in-law who wears shorts 365 days of the year. Posh shorts for weddings and funerals.

11. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I remember getting sent off by the ref in a seven aside football match years ago, because I was wearing steel toe capped trainers. Unluckily (for the other player) I caught him right on his shin, whilst going for the ball. He complained to the ref, who blew his whistle and came over and stood on my trainers. Told me I could not wear them to play football. Grrrrrrrrrr. :p:p:p:p:p:p (didn't mind really, because the bar was open)

12. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I wear long trousers for weddings, funerals and snow

13. Davmac

Davmac Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Tracerlite Boots
    love these boots, top pic is the old style, think you can still get them, but once I wore the new style (bottom pic) no going back.
    Light as a feather, capped toes, hard wearing, amazingly comfortable boot, around £60.00.
    They are the preferred choice of ambulance/ paramedics
    SP services website.

14. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

I wear a nice comfy pair,they have a zip up the side and laces,you lace them tight then just use the zip to get them on and off.They are called tactical boots,not cheap mind,around a hundred quid a pair but very comfy,mine go on at about 7AM when I get up and stay on 'til I go to bed at night.I first discovered them when I was a dog handler,they come up above the ankle and provide excellent support,in fact it's virtually impossible to suffer an ankle injury if you have them done up properly.They're so comfy I wear mine all the time,I don't even own a pair of shoes,working or going out they're always on my feet.

15. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

16. stateit

stateit Screwfix Select

[​IMG]
    For kicking plumbers and useless apprentices.

KIAB and TP&N like this.
  17. peter palmer

We have just taken on an apprentice, oh my god aren't they thick, 11 years at school and knows absolutely **** all, not even how big a meter is.

18. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

Depends on whether it's a Gas or electric meter :D. The new smart meter are smaller too, did you specify what one you wanted to know the size of?

The size of a metre is another thing altogether

19. peter palmer

Bizarrely that kind of proves my point, I typed metre but the spell check thing changed it to meter, everything is done for people nowadays without any thinking, years ago you would have to get a dictionary out to look up the spelling of something.

20. Davmac

Davmac Active Member

:rolleyes: Phhhfffff ! Kids nowerdays