BREXIT, Who Is Laughing Now?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by palavaman, Oct 18, 2016.

1. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

My friend (the Florist) made it quite clear to my good self that: ''This is the best decision we ever made, now we are in control of our destiny and the future is going to be bright, so I don't understand the gloomy face. Cheer up man, we have made the right decision''.
    Really? My question is, who is laughing now? Exports may be up, but how does that compare with our inability to buy basic ''neccessities'' like Marmite? Fuel prices, bound to increase. Imports, more expensive, interest rates will remain low forever, no point in having your money saved in the bank, so most investors will invest in the housing market, effectively driving up the ever increasing house prices. Need I go on?
    What is even more annoying is those voters who now claim that: ''If the voting process could be rerun again, they will do - the right thing - and vote to stay in Europe''. Too late, I say. Honestly, what were they thinking when the voted to leave Europe? What have they achieved? Madness, utter madness.

2. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

I now accept that I made an error by voting to leave - I never thought this was the way it looks like turning out.
    Mea culpa. Damn.

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

JCB wanted out of Europe, & they quitted the Confederation of British Industry (CBI).

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  4. I, for one, can honestly say I am not laughing.

And full kudos to Lanc for saying what he has. (Pala, were you always a remainer?)

What makes me despair more than anything is what we have truly lost by this decision - and that is the essence of what made Britain special. The standard-bearer for decency, tolerance, human rights, the beacon of common sense when the world was going mad. No longer. We have let the zealots win. The lying zealots. They won half of us over with transparent lies. It's a disgrace.

Sod the economy. We have lost something far more precious, and that is the respect and fondness of the rest of the world.

What have we replaced that with? Bigotry, hatred and division.

I am soooo not laughing :(

PaulBlackpool likes this.
  5. echelon101

echelon101 Member

There was a LBC phone in, one guy said that he v tied out so that he could say he voted out. A lot was said about NHS (money black hole) and immigration (if we didn't have European labour, no big projects would get off the ground), but in reality having more expensive holidays and imported food items really are the two that hit home. Also, where do the NHS get their drugs from? Abroad, so now drugs cost more.

6. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

Well I voted out and I stand by it,the thing is we lack a government with any common sense or guts,many years ago I had an opportunity to go and live in the USA,I'm sorry I didn't go.This country is run by a set of morally bankrupt,self serving idiots with an over inflated ego.
    Britain is no longer great,and certainly no longer a major world power,yet the idiots in government still think we're in the 1800,s.Any problem anywhere and here we go again, "Tally ho chaps,Brits to the rescue" and off we go again,diving into a situation that all to often we cannot afford to be involved with,should not get involved with and to be honest is all to often nothing to do with us!
    We are one of the only countries in the world that despite having major issues ourselves,poverty,homelessness etc still insist on giving large amounts of money abroad.We give money to India and they have a space programme for heavens sake! Charity begins at home,ok if we have a few quid spare then by all means help others,but sort our own out first,we cannot have homeless Brits,food banks and people struggling to clothe their kids because our country has no money,while at the same time giving millions in foreign aid.
    Europe is still saying that if we want free trade then we must allow free passage of all and sundry into our country,NO!tell them to shove it,go to America,Australia or New zealand,you need a virtually clean criminal record,you need to have something they want (specific trade at a specific time) and you need to integrate and behave,or you're out.Over here we have allowed migrants to create virtual ghetto's where outsiders are not welcome and English is hardly spoken.
    Take back our country,sling out those who shouldn't be here,stop pandering to europe,stop giving our money abroad and sort out our own problems,then eventually we may once again be " Great Britain".

7. "This country is run by a set of morally bankrupt,self serving idiots with an over inflated ego."

It certainly is.

Well done you.

philthespark likes this.
  8. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

I feel we are on a long march to oblivion.

9. The best we can hope for now is that the opposition in Parliament to this stupidity will determine what Brexit actually means. And that will be soooo similar to what we currently have that you couldn't put a Cig-paper betwixt it.

Stand by and watch the opposition rise - as it's already doing. Almost the whole house. The likes of Ken Clarke, Miliband even the hapless Clegg have found their moment.

Whatever happens, tho' - even if they could manipulate a new EU vote with the public's support - the damage to Britain's reputation has been done.

The rest of the world now know for certain we are populated by large numbers of Phils, JJs and Has.

Oh the shame.

10. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

I hope you understand that the "Great" in Great Britain simply refers to the geographical nature of our 'Kingdom' - and has nothing to do with us being special or anything like that!

I do, however, also agree with your comment about us being ruled by 'self-serving idiots'.

philthespark likes this.
  11. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

I suspect we will also be heading in that direction - but the EU will make us eat dirt on the way (and our 'entrance fees' will doubtless rise considerably).

12. philthespark

The rest of the world now know for certain we are populated by large numbers of Phils, JJs and Has.? confused

13. philthespark

Oh yes,I understand it alright,it's just a pity the idiots in government don't.As I've said for hundreds of years the toffs have had a "tally ho here come's the Brits" mentality,only thing is even going back for over a hundred years,being honest how many of our "we'll make everything better" ventures have actually benefitted the "lucky" people long term? Not that many.

14. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

Trump or Clinton - which apology for a leader would you have been happiest with, then?

15. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

And Boris is taunting the Russians who are pretending? to prepare for WW3.
    If they are not pretending then Brexit will be overtaken by World events.
    We won't be in Europe but in a big hole in the ground.

16. Rystar00

Rystar00 Member

I'm sorry but feel I have to respond to this. I'm born and bred English but idiots who are too stupid to understand the implications of their decision have ***ked our country up for future generations.

Well I voted out and I stand by it,the thing is we lack a government with any common sense or guts,many years ago I had an opportunity to go and live in the USA,I'm sorry I didn't go.This country is run by a set of morally bankrupt,self serving idiots with an over inflated ego.

The USA will soon have either Trump or Clinton as President. Both of whom are bankrupt, self-serving idiots with over-inflated egos!

Britain is no longer great,and certainly no longer a major world power,yet the idiots in government still think we're in the 1800,s.Any problem anywhere and here we go again, "Tally ho chaps,Brits to the rescue" and off we go again,diving into a situation that all to often we cannot afford to be involved with,should not get involved with and to be honest is all to often nothing to do with us!

So you rightly acknowledge that we're no longer a world power but you think it's a good decision to leave Europe and go it alone? We're now in an even worse position!

We are one of the only countries in the world that despite having major issues ourselves,poverty,homelessness etc still insist on giving large amounts of money abroad.We give money to India and they have a space programme for heavens sake! Charity begins at home,ok if we have a few quid spare then by all means help others,but sort our own out first,we cannot have homeless Brits,food banks and people struggling to clothe their kids because our country has no money,while at the same time giving millions in foreign aid.

What relevance does aid to INDIA have to the question of whether we should be part of EUROPE?

Europe is still saying that if we want free trade then we must allow free passage of all and sundry into our country,NO!tell them to shove it,go to America,Australia or New zealand,you need a virtually clean criminal record,you need to have something they want (specific trade at a specific time) and you need to integrate and behave,or you're out.Over here we have allowed migrants to create virtual ghetto's where outsiders are not welcome and English is hardly spoken.

The most recent report I've seen from the HMRC states that recent EU migrants have contributed £3billion in tax receipts and have cost the benefits system £0.5bn. That's a positive net contribution of £2.5billion into our coffers. Who is going to plug that gap now?

Take back our country,sling out those who shouldn't be here,stop pandering to europe,stop giving our money abroad and sort out our own problems,then eventually we may once again be " Great Britain".

What does this even mean? Let's look at the facts. Take back our own country?! We already have it. We have a sovereign queen and parliament.

Pandering to Europe? The number of concessions Europe have made to try and keep us are astonishing. Can you tell me what Cameron agreed with Europe before the issue was put to a referendum? I bet you can't. if you can't then how on earth can you make a reasoned decision?

Giving our money abroad? The CBI have said that Britain has a net benefit of £62-78billion a year from being part of the EU. That means that we get £62-78billion a year more from being part of the EU than what we put in!

You should have done your own research mate rather than believeing the sh*te you read in the Sun or from what Dave tells you down the pub. Ridiculous.

Unfortunately most of the UK is too blo*dy stupid to understand the consequences so it's a common problem.

Joe95 likes this.
  17. SWBUILDERS

SWBUILDERS Active Member

I think you may have a few facts wrong so I will put you straight,

We are not a net benificery of the Eu, we are a net contributer.

Your country is not sovereign when you have to abide by rules and regulation invented in a different political institution.

If any body was talking ***** it was Dave but not down the pub but with his pitiful attempt at negotiating a deal. Not to mention all the other drivel I.e shock budget, recession and other non scense

I for one do not want to live under a globalised political system with unelected Beurocrats looking for ever closer union with a failing currency, mass unemployment with a huge economic migration problem. The social experiment is coming apart at the seems and calling people who can see through this bullying,authoritarian,corrupt Union stupid really shows you clearly have no idea about the views of the majority of the population

Oh and on marmite, you have to be fool not to see how it was a blatant act of profiteering from unilever m, marmite is made in the uk so with the devaluation of the point it price should have decreased!!! Seem they got caught out pretty quickly as I bought a jar this morning at the same price :p

18. btiw

btiw Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you didn't go too.

We stopped foreign aid to India at the end of last year. The amounts were so low that nobody noticed.

Food and clothes for Brits? It's the rising prices of food, clothing and petrol hit the poor the hardest. Rising prices that are caused by a falling pound.
    If you truly care about the poorest British people then your vote may have been an own goal. It seems that there's no repealing the law of unintended consequences.

If Brexit were a novel it'd be quite funny.

19. SWBUILDERS

SWBUILDERS Active Member

What would you prefer more sweat shops in the Far East? Very humane!! think clothing is pretty cheap here if you don't shop in flannels!! The eu increases energy costs especially for business just look at tariffs imposed on our steel manufacturing industry whilst China can dump tariff free below cost steel into our market destroying the job prospects and quality of lives of family's whilst the uk government were unable to do anything due to run legislation

philthespark likes this.