BREXIT, Who Is Laughing Now?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by palavaman, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Yawn - which papers JJ...

And can you blame Junkers et al for feeling dismay and resentment at the stabbing in the back, front and sides?

2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Come on DA, Junkers doesn't feel dismay. He feels pure anger and hatred. Anger and hatred at the amount of money the EU is going to lose from the UK contributions. Anger and hatred at the absolute loss of control he'll have over the UK once it does leave. Anger and hatred at seeing democracy in action.

3. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I think the EU is terrified that the, UK's departure from the club, may incite other nation too give it a go and be free from ever increasing controlling hand of the EU.

As I stated previously, the British could well be the pioneers that eventually lead the way in rejecting the crazy utopian model.

4. joinerjohn1

Hopefully Longs, hopefully. Meanwhile Junkers will still be making veiled threats to the UK's Brexit negotiations. Apparently he wants all the discussions in French now (yeah, that'll work)

longboat likes this.
  5. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

What if we weren't the first to leave, say for example the Italians democratically decided that continuing being a member of the, EU, wasn't what the majority wanted....?
    Would you be supportive towards measures that would effectively punish every Italian citizen, just to prove a point?
    How can 'you' (the follower of whatever cause paint's me in the best light) be party too such tactics?

6. joinerjohn1

Can't wait to see DA's reply to that Longs (probably summat along the lines of "a hypothetical scenario" which can't be answered) ;);)

7. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

It's all posturing, idle threats that he hopes will eventually sway the British into early submission.
    When in reality, 27 other nations could throw the veto card into the game whenever they fancy, as the saying goes, too many cooks spoil the broth, and that's the fundamental reason why the EU cannot function effectively.
    Someone to define purpose and direction is what's needed.......
    Like, an EU president.
    No thanks.

8. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

It only takes one nation (A tiny one at that) to undermine the EU.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37731955

This is why we are better off out, make our own minds up, not be at the mercy of 27 (and counting) other countries.

9. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I expect nothing more than a (don't even go there, I am a morally superior being, compared to anyone who voted leave), yawn. ;-)

gadget man likes this.
  10. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Yep, and that's why, after 7, yes 7 years Canada still hasn't signed a trade agreement with the, EU...

Bloody, Canadians :D

11. Phil the Paver

I had noticed that some news reports are blaming Brexit for the delay, but then go on to tell the truth futher in the report, bloody lefty news reporters. :):)

12. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

So much speculation as to who will do what - I think we will need to wait a while yet to see who's guessed correctly.
    But the omens aren't looking very good at the moment!

13. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

Once Article 50 is triggered the Government intend to negotiate in secret for two years whilst all sorts of leaks of truth and lies will come from the other EU countries.
    It is going to be HELL.
    How the business community will react to all the uncertainty will be interesting to see.
    I rather suspect that at the end of it we will all be quite a bit poorer.

14. You have absolutely no justifiable reason whatsoever to say what you have said above.

So no change there.

15. Here's the thing, Longs. You called the EU a "crazy utopian model".

Well done you. That ranks with "Take back control" and "we want our sovereignty back!" for sheer glibness. A hollow sound bite made with no justification whatsoever - just your own prejudice.

I'd call the EU probably the most significant and successful political union in the world, something more and more countries aspire to. And I have spent pages on a number of threads explaining why.

The EU - and the UK - were successfully growing - until the credit crunch. The world-wide credit crunch. That is what mainly led to Trumpism began in the States, Farageism in this country and SNPism in the country above us.

And they all shared a common theme - jingoistic, glib, populist statements and simplistic claims to resolve complex solutions.

This you simply cannot deny. You've seen what Trump has to say in terms of 'policy' and how his fans react. You've seen what Farage said about immigration and the EU (I really hope you squirmed when he returned to Brussels after Brexit and made 'that' infamous & juvenile speech? Please tell me you were embarrassed?) and how his fan reacted. You've ditto with Sturgeon.

It doesn't matter if it was "Build the wall" or "Breaking point" or "We'll no dance tae Westminster's tune". They all make the simplistic and dishonest claim "It'll be GREAT when we..."

There are all the same. It is simplistic, completely unrealistic, populist nonsense. All led by strutting 'charismatic' figures.

And for it to succeed they rely on people who are simply not well enough informed to see it for what it is.

And it was all caused by the credit crunch. If the cc hadn't happened, we wouldn't be having these issues now, and the loons telling us how simply it can be 'fixed'.

And it is history repeating itself. I won't mention Hitler and Nazism again. Oops, too late.

It takes a lightly-educated population and uncritical thinking for it to blossom - so well done you.

So what can prevent these loony extremes from happening at times of economic stress, and it all spiralling out of control as it once did? It requires greater numbers of thinking people, a united mass of people - a union of countries with a common cause.

Left to their own, then - yes - other countries could well go the way of Britain and Brexit. You call it democracy, but what we witnessed with Brexit was anything but.

You are determined to believe that Junkers and the rest of the EU is hell bent on giving the UK a bloody nose. You have no justifiable reason to say that.

Certainly they are perfectly justified in making sure that Britain is given no favours after such betrayal (for betrayal is exactly what it was).

You, who voted for Brexit based on your ignorant excuses and who still try and maintain it was the right thing to do, are the same as a Trump supporter or a Scottish nationalist who believes it's all gonna be great when... That is not a rational belief - it is pure wishful thinking. Dangerous wishful thinking.

Again - it's exactly what led to the rise of Nazism.

Basically, Junker et al need to protect the rest of the EU again such blind ignorance.

I don't expect any favours from the EU - and nor should I. And it's ultimately for our own good.

Don't pretend for a nano-second that the vast bulk of Leave voters had a CLUE what they were actually doing; they didn't have the beginnings of an understanding of the complexity and ramifications! The evidence for this is writ large on this forum. As well you know.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2016
  16. You really just do say 'stuff'.

Quite incredible.

Never was such a high IQ wasted...

17. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

What is this 'betrayal'?

18. Anyhoo, at least with Brexit we'll be able to make our own rules and not be dictated to by bludy Brussels all the time!

Man, it'll be sooo refreshing - WE can make OUR rules!

Let's ask Chris Grayling - the famous Brexiteer and now Transport Sec - what changes he's now looking forward to making in relation to his new role.

Um....uh...well....Ok, YES! I've thought of one! We can make railway station platforms to the heights WE want and not ones dictated to by bludy Brussels. They've been telling us we can only have them built between this height and that, and not what WE want!

Well done, Chris - that's an awesome development.

Except, even on this, he is talking complete bar locks...

http://barristerblogger.com/2016/10...rm/email//nbe/BrusselsBrief/product#more-2016

I'd like to say all this is funny, but it really isn't. It is not funny at all. It is bludy tragic.

19. Nuts.

20. Phil the Paver