BREXIT, Who Is Laughing Now?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by palavaman, Oct 18, 2016.

1. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I'm having a problem seeing your point here Phil.

2. Ditto... :rolleyes:

3. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

If you don't have an answer, just say so.

4. Sorry, Mr Ha, but like most of what you've written on this topic, it doesn't warrant or deserve an answer.

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

That never bothered you before. :p:p:p

6. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

You would.

7. Phil the Paver

That report totally fails to point out that if we were in fact subject to tariffs, then so would the EU be subject to the same from us, now bearing in mind that in August we imported £18 Billion more than we exported, that could make us a pretty penny.
    Now some how I can't see the EU shooting its self in the foot just to make a point, EU businesse's wouldn't allow it.

8. Mr. Handyandy

Bull, and you know it.

How has the UK betrayed anyone?

9. Phil the Paver

Canada and the EU talking for 7 years, Brexit happened 4 months ago but its Brexit fault that a deal can't be done, nowt to do with Belgium. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

10. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Thing is DA, the EU isn't the most successful political union in the world. One small area of Belgium undid 7 yrs hard work this week. (I wonder now if , once we leave, North Devon is going to cause any hiccups with the UK's trade negotiations with the rest of the world? Ya just know that won't happen though)

Sadly DA it wasn't the EU,, it was a few individual countries that were successfully growing (as well you know) But you just can't bring yourself to admit that,, can you?

11. Mr. Handyandy

I hope the latest terror arrest in Newton Abbot Devon wasn't one of DAs friendly, well-educated decent fellow immigrant types he's so keen on allowing into the country!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

12. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

Really DA, I thought better of you.

It's only a few months since the British people voted to leave and everyone knew there would be difficulties short term, but they've turned out nothing like as bad that even leavers like me predicted, so give it time. As for your take on our standing in the world; it's got nothing to do with remaining or leaving and in fact we've gained lots of respect from those countries that were miffed when we threw our lot in with the EU trade cartel. If we have lost any standing in the world it's due to that scoundrel Tony Blair and his dodgy mates who were afraid to stand up to George Bush and his equally shifty friends.

The few remainers that I know say "Well, I was a remainer but the decision's made so lets get on with it". Stop moaning DA and stop slagging off those who voted leave with fiery language. Zealots? Bigotry? If anything those terms apply to the few remoaners.

13. The thin straws one will clutch to, Phil, JJ and Mr Ha, to try and justify your decision to vote Leave. As if the citing of a newspaper article somehow gets you off the hook!

All red herrings.

I was asked a couple of pages back (by Longs, I think) why some politicians wanted Brexit - what was their motivation? Why would they want this if it wasn't a good thing? What possible motivation could they have?!

Well, you only have to look at who it is we are talking about...

Michael Gove, David Davies, Liam Fox, Boris Johnson, Nigel Farage (and his box of frogs party), Neil Hamilton (is your skin starting to crawl yet?), Ian Duncan Smith (surely an uncontrollable shudder is beginning to pass through your bod by now?), Chris Grayling (at least we can have the platform heights we want!), John Whittingdale (who found the idea of the demise of the BBC a 'tempting prospect'...), John Redwood (ok - if you haven't had a shower by now, I fear for your soul)...and many many more of a similar ilk.

What does this 'bucket of undesirables' have in common?

Well, they are pretty much as far right wing as you get in British politics, and look forward to - will actively work towards - a low-tax economy (you know who that will benefit) and the privatisation - to some extent or another - of our major institutions such as the NHS (and you know who that will benefit).

Towards this aim they, again to a greater or lesser extent, were happy to grotesquely exploit the plight of refugees for their propaganda, and found some ready followers on this very forum in Phil (who was more than chuffed to post that Nazi-inspired 'Breaking point' poster) and JJ (or was it Mr Ha? Brexiters do tend to blend in to a blurry mass) with his photo trying to suggest that mass rallies of fundamentalist Muslims were the norm in our city centres...

One would think from this that the right wing Brexiter campaign groups must have been very clever to misled some people so easily, but sadly it didn't have to be a clever campaign - they only had to release what was already inside their followers.

Phil, Mr Ha, JJ - that list of Brexiters above - and all their ilk - are your bedfellows. You simply cannot escape from that. They represent your political views, and they represent those in power who you follow.

If you roll over now, you could give their flabby thighs a self-satisfying slap - they are that close to you.

Your attempts since the vote to try and justify or bolster your decision is pitiful and hollow.

You don't have to tell anyone on here that you don't regret your decision, because no-one on here expected you to say anything differently.

There is NOTHING that could happen to this country that would make you go 'Oops - perhaps I was mistaken." Nothing. We could tumble into a decade-long recession, we could have vigilante groups on the streets, we could have street riots by the newly mass-unemployed, we could have privatisation of the NHS, we could have anything - but you would never, ever say 'I was mistaken'. Because it ain't in your mettle.

It takes dignity and self-worth before one can do that. The scurrilous arguments you have used on this and the other EU threads showed no dignity whatsoever - there was nothing poisonous you weren't prepared to say, or link to (when you actually could bear to say it, Phil...)

So, no need to 'proudly' claim "I have no regrets" because no-one on here expects you to say anything else.

By all means keep on trying to 'justify' your vote since it obviously comforts you.

Lanc likes this.
  14. Zealots? Bigotry? All you need to do - if you could face it - is to re-read the Brexit thread and highlight the posts by Phil, Mr Ha, JJ and a few others. I suspect even they are embarrassed by some of the things they've posted. They certainly ought to be ashamed.

Are you trying to tell me that Britain - right now, and as a result of our vote - isn't the laughing stock of the world?! They look on in disbelief not only at the sheer slack-jawed stupidity of the decision (what on earth possessed the British to do that? Don't they know a good thing when they have it?!) but the mad scramble to pick ourselves out of the dust & rubble that followed the vote. The headless chicken approach to the aftermath. The sheer cluelessness of those 'in charge'.

The world doesn't know whether to laugh or cry at us.

So, genuinely sadly, you are completely mistaken.

(Which is no surprise for someone latching on the 'Blair' get-out clause... :rolleyes:)

15. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

Do you think that British and European businesses could survive a protracted trade war?

16. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

The biggest challenge for the government and the people post brexit is for us to start producing goods and selling them again.
    What we need is a strong promotion urging us all to buy British because we can't expect any help from Europe post brexit!!!

Once the British pound drops below the euro in value our goods will be cheap to buy and imports will become very expensive.

I would also think that by all this time all the eastern Europeans would also be long gone.

They've shown us all how to earn the money, but will we as a nation be able to keep it going?

17. Phil the Paver

18. Phil the Paver

This one sentence shows you have no idea what your talking about, there are many a country that wishes it had the opportunity to be able to vote its self out of the clutches of ugly EU, Germany being one of them, closely followed by france, its just the powers that be in those countries totally ingnore the wishes of their own people for their own egos, Tony Blair anyone. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

19. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Panicking, scaremongering etc!

Its early days yet. First time we will 'be out of the EU'. Everyone throwing dummies out of their prams!

I for one think 'Leave' was the right choice. Give it all time. The country has a big task ahead of it and its not going to be easy and its going to take time. Lets not bow down to imminent failure when the ship has not even left the harbour!

Britain has not been 'Great' for a very very long time! We have bowed down and kissed the arses of the EU for too many years! We are now in a position to pick up the pieces and make Britain 'Great' again. Yes, it won't be easy. Yes, it will be an uphill battle. Yes, things will get worse before they get better, But! To go a 1,000 miles, one has to take that very first step!

I for one think that Britain can show the EU that we do not need them and their rules and laws. We are 'Great Britain'. We have our own laws. We 'CAN' survive without the EU!!!!!

(Runs for cover as the 'stay' brigade open up with their howitzers!) :p