Brick staining/weathering

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by yozzer, Jul 25, 2016.

1. yozzer

yozzer Member

anybody had any experiences with brick staining/weathering as I am considering doing it on a job where I can't get a match anywhere thanks

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

No photo of troublesome brick, must be a oddball, as there are hundreds of colours & finishes available.

Try a sample, as can get unexpected results,more like me being a twit,:oops: Dyebrick is very good, been around for years.

http://www.dyebrick.com/

They can also tint mortar & tiles.

3. yozzer

yozzer Member

Been looking for 2 weeks now they are imperial which doesn't help found one something like but cost a fortune £1.20 per brick so after numerous searches gone for a lighter colour and hoping to stain them looked at dye brick ordered test pot these are the original bricks

Attached Files:

4. ryanincontrol

ryanincontrol New Member

Hi. Any update on this?
    I’m looking at tinting bricks as well and wondering if dyebrick is any good.
    Did you have to pay any customs charge as I believe the product comes from USA?

5. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Too right you will!

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

7. ryanincontrol

ryanincontrol New Member

Just to update, I bought a sample of dyebrick. Delivery was quick (they have a UK office). The tint however did not achieve the colour I was aiming for.