Bubble wrap

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by miss pickle, Jul 15, 2015.

1. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Wipe over your items with a tack rag/cloth before you spray MP, gets the dust and bits off that spoil the finish :)

2. miss pickle

miss pickle Well-Known Member

Thanks CGN With just water? :)

3. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

5 pages of replies to a thread about the packaging of unidentified small painted wooden items for postage?

I'm changing my name to Miss Parahandy o_O

Gatt likes this.
  4. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Para,please don't get upset. You know that we would all give you grief/advice about any posting. You ain't really the skipper of a Clyde Puffer,are you? :D:D

5. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

This is some actual CCTV footage of me at work...

6. miss pickle

Nice to have you on board para ;)
    You been lurking? :cool:
    Hope your gonna stick around to see my photos next week :D

7. miss pickle

What's a Clyde puffer malkie? o_O

The sun is shining!!!:) Yay! I shall rise and embrace the day with enthusiasm :D
    Coffee first though ;)

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

No finer sight than a coal fired Clyde Puffer,small steam ship,unique to Scotland I think, one featured in the tv prog Para Handy,& the Maritime Museum in Inveraray has a couple, and one still sails.:)

[​IMG]

9. miss pickle

Oh yeah :D that's impressive.
    Who knew I would learn so much a screwfix forum :)
    Why the name I wonder o_O you think they would call it a Clyde chuffer.

10. miss pickle

Oh but I suppose they refer to a train as a puffing billy and not a chuffing billy :confused:
    I think they chuff more than they puff :D
    And they do say choo choo train don't they o_O
    With all that black smoke and power I don't think puff does it justice! That's more a cigarette.

11. miss pickle

Chug!!! That's the word I was looking for ;).
    It just sounds a lot meatier than "puff"

Have a good day all :D Off to my shed to check out yesterdays painting. Hope its dry!:eek:

12. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Tack rags/cloths are 'tacky/sticky' cloths MP, work a bit like those rollers you can get to get bits off your clothes. Pro sprayers use them just before spraying to get any bits of dust/particles etc off their work before spraying. I used to use them when I sprayed cars as any bits left on the panels stand out like a sore thumb when you've sprayed!

http://www.wilko.com/preparation/wilko-tack-cloth/invt/0342718

13. miss pickle

That's great info CGN thanks :D. I will get some since I am going to be a pro sprayer too next week ;) if it don't rain :(

CGN likes this.
  14. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Hmmm. Not sure how successful you'll be with a spray gun if it's is windy. I know from using spray cans in windy conditions, the finish isn't as good. It seems the paint tends to 'land' in a slightly mottled pattern rather than smooth. That's from cans. Guns I don't know!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

15. miss pickle

I need a little workshop Andy :( maybe I could put an ad in to rent a garage nearby :) anything so long as its sheltered. I will ask about tomorrow o_O

16. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Make sure it's secure, very secured, & insured, better to have a workshop in your garden.
    Could always put a ad on Freecycle, Freegle, etc for a shed, get plenty turn up on Freecycle here, that's how I got my last one.:)

17. miss pickle

I've got a shed there's just not much room in there. Clearing it out is definitely on the list as I'm drying the wet painted stuff in there during the summer coz of the fumes :confused:.
    Think I will do a tip run Monday. Just need somewhere to spray paint :oops: so windy here.

18. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Throw the junk/ clutter on Freecycle, someone will want it.:D

19. miss pickle

Yeah think I will get up early and pull it all out. The Xmas tree can come indoors. When my peices are dry I can bring them indoors. With a few dust sheets maybe I could then find room to have a spraying day once a week in the shed o_O. That could work! So long as I'm organised.

20. Gatt

Gatt Active Member