Bubble wrap

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by miss pickle, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Gatt

Gatt Active Member

Yeah guys, if you ever get the chance, get yourselves on the Waverley, last sea going , paddle steamer, in the world i think ( don't quote me on this tho lol)
    Honestly tho , great day out , all the workings of the ship are kept immaculate, and you get to see the paddles in action in the engine room.

2. miss pickle

miss pickle Well-Known Member

Last one ever??? Awww that's sad :(
    The world changes so fast.
    My dad was showing me a book last weekend about where he grew up in brum. In the back to back to houses with the outdoor loo's. The bollard outside the pub and sweet shop that he used to sit on as a little kid is still there! So is the pub!
    Love the idea of all the horse and carts delivering the coal and milk and bread. Would love to live in that era for a day :D
    Bet it was hell In reality though :confused: I like my comforts :oops:

Gatt likes this.
  3. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

I've seen her at Greenock & sometimes she use to call into Weymouth,but I haven't seen her for a couple of years. I'm showing my age, but I can remember travelling from Tower pier to Southend on the Daffodil & on the Medway Queen from Rochester to Chatham. Fookie nell, I'm 68 this year. :(

Gatt likes this.
  4. miss pickle

You should watch the 2nd Exotic Marigold Hotel film Malkie :D it will make you feel like a spring chicken!!! I'm watching it right now. Brilliant cast, very funny.

5. Gatt

Gatt Active Member

Good luck with your projects MP , always good to see furniture getting a new lease of life .
    Especially when its well built and good quality. Hope you make a few quid, and can eventually turn it into a business for yourself.
    Check out www.salvagesister.co.uk , might be quite helpful for you. Cheers

6. miss pickle

Thank you Gatt. I looked at that site. She was on telly o_O clever woman.

Don't think I will be making the dizzy heights of channel 4 but if I can make even a teeny tiny profit I will be happy as a pig in muck. :D

Its all spend spend spend at the mo! Which isn't really the idea :oops: but Rome weren't built in a day I suppose :rolleyes:

Gatt likes this.
  7. miss pickle

Auction day!!! :D Yippee!!!
    Last time I spent £13.50 and I got two little wooden tables, a wooden dumb waiter trolley and an old pub dartboard holder/scoreboard complete with dartboard :)

And from my charity shop I spent £15 and got a 3 tier wooden plant stand, two wooden jewellery boxes and a little key box :) going to tour the recycling site up the road next week ;)

Have a good day all :D

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

You Gemini?

Bad as me, I love a good auction, & skips can't resist having a look/rumage in one, if I'm driving past one.:oops:
    Raided a skip on holiday about 6 years ago in Scotland, filled the boot to overflowing with new MK,Crabtree fittings, loads of Appleby boxes, etc,etc, old spark had died & his son just skipped everything:eek:.
    Our recycling site won't let you have anything from them.:(

Again Freecycle, Freegle is a good source of furniture, also look at shops that are refitting, being cleared, you can get some good fines.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  9. miss pickle

I bought 15 items :D tables mostly, a few plant stands and a gorgeous mirror and stand! Cost me nearly £95 all together :cool: but bargain for what I've got. Some good solid heavy pieces. Had to do two trips to get it all home.
    I'm exhausted! A good days work :) just got to make it all over now :rolleyes: my dining room looks like a junk shop.
    And my jigsaw turned up ten minutes after I got home :D result!
    Not sure where my stencils from eBay have got to though :oops:
    My recycling centre doesn't give it away either Kiab :( you have to buy it off them. There is a little shop there.

10. miss pickle

Oh and I forgot to say Kiab :D I'm a Scorpio.

11. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

I'm a gemini, don't go to auctions though. :)

12. miss pickle

Wish I had been a spring baby :oops: its pants having your bday 5 weeks before Xmas o_O

13. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

A little shop!:eek::eek:

Nothing like here:(, it's a crime what gets skipped,I willingly paid a few quid for some of the items, if the money went to a good cause like the baby care unit at local hospital or similar.

14. Phil the Paver

Our local recycling center sell all the electrical good to one firm and any other good stuff is picked up by an auction house from Birmingham.

15. miss pickle

Yeah! Meanies :(. Surely the point of recycle is to recycle :D. Silly billys .
    I might just put an advert in my front garden. Please place all unwanted items here :D. Its only a little garden though and I would probably end up with 20 stained mattresses o_O ewwww what an image :oops:

KIAB likes this.
  16. Phil the Paver

You'd get pikeys dumping their rubbish in there. :):)

17. miss pickle

Oooh do you live near brum Phil :D my dads in brum o_O
    Greedy councils. Blooming robdogs :eek:

18. Phil the Paver

No, Herts, maybe that's why they take it so nobody knows the stuff.

19. miss pickle

Oh lordy. They are quite scary people :eek:
    I won't do that then :oops:

:D

20. miss pickle

Haha! Yeah.
    I'm going to sell my recycled stuff in Dorset. They are rich there ;)