Budget table saws

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by woody worker, Sep 4, 2007.

1. woody worker

woody worker New Member

I'm looking to buy a good DIY table saw on a budget of £100- £150 incl VAT. I'm quite impressed with the old Ryobi model ETS 1525 which is still available at some dealers. I know there is the new sliding carriage one which is about £50 more than the old model but I don't really need that feature for basic rip, mitre, cross cut etc.

I have also seen a SIP 1321 which seems to have similar spec. Any views on which is better or should I consider somethoing else. Accuracy/cost is probably highest on my list rather than power, depth of cut, weight, easy of use etc.

All help appreciated.

2. ª¹

ª¹ New Member

Buy somethoing else.

3. I have two ZIP table saws they are ok it you have the time and the skill to take them apart and rebuild them. The second one I bought the motor fell off the first time I used it. I did tell ZIP about it as it could be dangerous.

4. Jim

Jim Guest

You would probably get more feedback on the carpenters forum.....but there u go

DONT buy a cheap saw..........you will be using it ...probably for the rest of your life if you are a DIY`er......I aint no carpenter.....I`m a gereral builder....but I do like a good tool (yea I know)...stretch ya budget a bit if you can and get something decent...I bought this:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/104184663eYyReF
    (hope the link works)

not really cheap (over 600 quid) but worth every penny,

you`ll be glad u did :)

5. Mr GrimNasty

Mr GrimNasty Active Member

6. >enough

>enough New Member

Come on, the suspense is killing me, which one did you get?

7. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Hi there "enough" and welcome to the forum as a new member

Gotta say after reading your post I'm more than a little concerned over your health and wellbeing

After asking what table saw the OP went for in the end, you've finished your post with "the suspense is killing me"

Now, taking into account the original post was created in 2007, I very much doubt if your gonna get an answer

How much longer you can hang on for is now the question.....if no answer is forthcoming

I wish you well and hope that no harm comes to you, just in future, when looking through old post, check the date !

Welcome aboard the forum mate and enjoy :p

8. >enough

>enough New Member

I'm not 'enough', I'm more than that.

9. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

You may be "more than" but you're still 7 years late .................................:eek:

10. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Someone's bored.

11. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

That's more than enough, I reckon. :)

12. >enough

>enough New Member

Yes, let's end the thread now.

13. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

enough's enough as we say up't north,