Bungalow Rewire

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by dcfc38, Mar 18, 2010.

1. dcfc38

dcfc38 New Member

How much will I be expected to pay for a rewire on my dads 2 bedroom bungalow. H ehas asked me to find out how much it will cost to do this job and how long it will take

2. The Trician

The Trician New Member

Depends upon what he wants - your question is like asking me how much does a car cost to buy?

I couldn't tell you because I don't know which type of car you'd like.

TT

3. dcfc38

dcfc38 New Member

I was just looking for a rough estimate on how much a 2 bedroom bungalow would cost to rewire.
    14 sockets
    10 lights
    9 switches
    1 electric oven
    1 heater switch
    1 new consumer unit

4. nottsspark

nottsspark New Member

5. dcfc38

dcfc38 New Member

Thankyou Notts Park

6. dcfc38

dcfc38 New Member

Thankyou Nottsspark

7. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

For a true, realistic price, contact some electricians in your area and get 3 quotes

Every job demands a site visual prior to any prices being tendered.

An internet chatroom is not the place to get such a thing

Getting fed up of these 'how much does this cost?' issues

Oh dont go expecting 2.2k to come up either, you may be surprised of how much the TRUE cost of the job will be

8. dcfc38

dcfc38 New Member

I have had 2 quotes which are about the same amount quoted and i just wondered if this was reasonable amount for this job.
    Is this website for people to use and ask professionals questions????
    Is it fair that people get ripped off????
    Is it reasonable to ask these sort of questions when you have not got a clue???

9. sparky Si-Fi

This site has its uses, yes

'quoting work' ,absolutely not.

But to expect a blind guess on what has been submitted, if we quoted you one price and the surveyed price was very cheap,how would that portray us?

10. dcfc38

dcfc38 New Member

I appreciate your answer but all I wanted was a ballpark figure between X and Y. Most people give rough estimates for jobs. I just wondered if the estimates I had been given were reasonable.

11. sparky Si-Fi

What were they..?

12. graingermouse

graingermouse New Member

ball park figure of 2.5k, but as previously stated a site inspection is a must. so many different things affect peoples pricing.

i recently did a bungalow as a subby, the contractor got 4.5k for the job, another spark had quoted 2.6k for same job, however he didnt even turn up

youve had 2 quotes, get one more and youll be able to make your choice