Burying soil pipes

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Aging novice, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Aging novice

Aging novice New Member

Hi all, I need a bit of advice if possible. I have a new ground-level extension at the back of my house. Part of this will be for a new kitchen. The original kitchen had a boxed-in vertical soil pipe from the first floor bathroom/WC, which ended up in the middle of the new kitchen, so had to be moved. After many discussions with my builder, he advised the best course of action would be to re-route a new soil pipe to a convenient wall about 2m away, box it in down the wall, and into a trough created where the original concrete floor sits adjacent to the new block & beam floor. This trough is about 180mm deep which provides sufficient fall before connecting to the original brown underground soil pipe. However, to get there is a 2m route via 6 off 45 degree elbows, 2 off straight connectors and 3 lengths of pipe. It all works, but how do I cover it? Bury it in completely in screed, bed it on pea gravel with screed over, or something else? I will be installing a low profile underfloor heating system over it, which itself will have screed over the top.
    I hope that's clear enough.
    Thanks
    Archie

Attached Files:

2. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

More to the point how are you going to remove any blockages, that may occur. Not a good way to have do it.
    How did your architect show how to do it on the plans?

3. kiaora

kiaora Guest

Hi
    It would be a better job if you fit a rest bend at the base of the vertical pipe,

It will help the flow and if you leave it like that, I think you will hear the contents after the flush is used.

At the same tine fit an access pipe fitting just above the rest bend

Regards
    Peter

4. Rob_bv

Rob_bv Active Member

Would it be possible to route the soil pipe straight outside to an external stack with a new rodding point / manhole at the bottom? Certainly the BCOs that I've dealt with would never approve that setup.

KIAB likes this.
  5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Agree,a neater opition, even a new stack woould be better than present layout, if you can't access esisting stack.

A rather sloppy installation,a potential blockage with that layout, & BCO here wouldn't have allowed grey pipe to be concreted over, would have to be brown.:eek:

6. G&W Plumbing & Heating

G&W Plumbing & Heating Active Member

Use orange soil, in pea shingle, 1/40 fall, air test on completion