Buying a new Router

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Theleman, Oct 14, 2015.

1. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You wont regret it. :)

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Excellent choice.:)

3. Theleman

Theleman Active Member

This is the most expensive tool I ever bought (my 2nd most expensive tools being Bosch Combi Drill GSB 1800 18v with 2x 4ah LION batteries), but it looks like a good investment which will last long time. Thanks for the info and advice :)

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It will last forever, it is servicable with a great parts back up because it has been around so long, unlike cheap chinese machines which are throwaway, and there are loads of extras that fit it.
    About the only things that go wrong is the quick release nut on the depth adjustment and as it is quite heavy if you drop it a lot the handles break, both are easy to fix.
    Buy or make a router table and you have a really versatile tool where you are only limited by your imagination.
    Wear a mask and goggles.

KIAB likes this.
  5. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I have two 625s. The only concern is cross threading the router shaft. I let somebody use one of mine and knackered the thread - quite expensive to replace