Can a washing machine be mounted at chest height?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by John Bib, Apr 15, 2014.

1. John Bib

John Bib New Member

My current washer is almost as old as me and in worst condition, so I'll be getting a new washer/dryer for this project. Maybe I can just buy a pedestal based model and do the brickie out of a job.

2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Best idea is something like Hudson's idea about the belfast sink base. Mabye even beef it up a bit internally with some 2 by 3 timber. ;);)

3. PJ Wales

PJ Wales Member

The reason I advised to seek advice from your disability officer and such was I knew from many years ago when my neighbour wanted the same thing done and the advice was a big resounding no and this was from my friend Chris whom was a disability architecture specializing in improving home access and ramps and building etc. Now with technology improvement, I now accept it can be done.

but i would still seek advice from your local disability as they might be aware of an awesome new machine that could fit your requirement needed and still have it on a pedestal, don't go by the word of the sales people as they would say yes or no. But remember your would also need to raise your waste pipe and possibility need to get a longer water inlet hose or raise the water pipe too so you have the stop value above the pedestal.