Can anyone lend a hand?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by rory hartley, Apr 27, 2017.

1. rory hartley

rory hartley New Member

Hi not posted on hear before but currently struggling to gain any response from construction firms up and down the country.

I currently work as an architects technician and i am studying for a degree in construction management. To get the qualification I have to carry out a research project the main aim is to answer the question:

How has legislation imposed on the construction industry affected the governments drive for affordable housing?

In the report I will talk about legislations such as the community infrastructure levy, section 106 and Building regulations approved document L which, in my opinion are making it more difficult for firms to turn a decent profit on house building. I could be wrong which is why i am looking for your opinions as someone who works in the industry.

I receive pain in the **** emails on a daily basis asking me to carry out surveys and most of the time don't fill them in so i'm by no means expecting everyone to bother. The trouble is I have assumed that i would be able to send out 75 emails and get a decent level of responses when in actual fact i've got 5, 4 of those being friends who work in construction. If anyone feels like they could spare 5 or 10 minutes that would be great because at the moment i am up **** creek.

survey link below

https://ucentrepeterborough.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_a5H7urQSoHqDNvT

Thanks!

2. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Survey completed, good luck with your research.

3. rory hartley

rory hartley New Member

Thanks mate much appreciated

4. rory hartley

rory hartley New Member

Thanks for everyones responses so far its a really big help!

5. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Done as well

6. rory hartley

rory hartley New Member

Thanks again bud. It's been a great help

7. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

8. rory hartley

rory hartley New Member

Thanks for your help. Good to see people are on the same wavelength, my report has covered both the red tape policy and the quality issues which a lot of the larger developers are suffering quite extensively. It is a subject with so much to cover which has made it difficult to decide exactly what to include but i think i've got a decent spread of literature and government documents. Time will tell!