Can i use leyland contract

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by llllldeek, Jan 11, 2015.

1. llllldeek

llllldeek New Member

Can I use Leyland TRADE Contract Matt Emulsion on new ceiling wallpaper, plain white cheap woodchip effect blown vinyl wallpaper or is contract paint strickly for plaster.
    edited 14.41.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  2. 'Contract' matt emulsion paint is - I understand - a good quality paint that is used by professionals to guarantee a decent job. It's chust a decent emulsion paint - so use away on any surface you would use 'emulsion' on.

So, it's fine.

llllldeek likes this.
  3. (Probably normal considerations apply - don't overload the first coat or keep going over it excessively; there's probably a faint chance that the paste can be softened and the paper lift. But that would apply with all emulsion paints.)

llllldeek likes this.
  4. llllldeek

llllldeek New Member

thankyou.
    CONTRACT that's what worried me.

5. Oops - I may have got my terms mixed up :eek:

'Contract' probably is 'cheaper' stuff, the kind you'd use on a budget - tho' it can still be decent quality (tho' unlikely to be 'top' stuff, of course.)

I got mixed up with 'Trade' - which is meant to be good stuff...

Ooops.

Having said that, our host's own 'contract' white emulsion has very good reviews, the only negative issues being when applied to new plaster, and it seems pretty obvious to me that the issue was down to the plaster soaking out all the water and making the paint too thick when applied. Ie - not the paint's fault.

But, afaIk, any emulsion can be used on woodchip paper. Chust make sure the paper paste has fully dried.

6. llllldeek

llllldeek New Member

llllldeek >>>>>>>>>>> it is Trade contract stuff, as sold on Screwfix, it is also pictured on the right of screen today as todays offer...well it is on mine, lol.

7. Yep - seen it!

It has good reports for being thick, very white, easy to apply, high opacity. Basically everything you want in a paint :).

The only 'dodgy' reports would, I think, apply to any emulsion paint if applied too thick to fresh plaster.

I'd happily use that stuff for what you want.

8. llllldeek

llllldeek New Member

Thanks for the reassurance, delivery is tomorrow, watch this space.

9. llllldeek

llllldeek New Member

Relax , it worked fine.
    Thanks for your words of wisdom..........

10. Really?!!!

Phhhhhhheeeewwwwwwwwww. Bliiimmeeeyyyyyyyy. Whhhoooooooo

(Wipes sweat from brow)

Yeah - I knew it would be ok all along... :rolleyes:

(Thanks for reporting back :) )

11. A1decor

A1decor New Member

12. Wow - an endorsement of Leyland paints.

Along with a self-endorsment of...ohIcan'tbearsed...