car insurance

Discussion in 'Car and Van Talk' started by surfermick, Mar 24, 2013.

1. surfermick

surfermick New Member

ive got my ever increasing car renewal through the post, usually im to busy to shop around and end up scraping about £20 off for cash.but my premium has landed in at £350 tpft, its an old peugeot 206, 1.4 diesel. im blummin 49 and have the maximum no claims. can anyone point me in a better direction. the only thing i wont do is try those go compare type sites,i tried one a couple of years ago and got bombarded with unsuitable companies just so that some jumped up twonk could get all his commissions. grateful for any pointers.

2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Try going for fully comp and  the maximum excess you feel you can afford. ;)

3. surfermick

surfermick New Member

why's that John, something i dont know

4. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I've got my renewal too £443 fully comp with breakdown, I'm pleased with that cos it was £550 last year, I don't know why its dropped ( its the first time ever, its dropped) but i'm happy about it,
    dialdirect

5. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Often fully comp is pennies more that TPFT and up your excess from say £100 or £250 to £500 and it can be cheaper than TPFT with a low excess.

6. surfermick

surfermick New Member

ah, i will investigate this.

7. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

It's the best plan for a really cheap quote JJ - but do hang on to your cash saving because you will need it if you are unlucky enough to have a bump.

Changing your insurance providor every year will also net you a large saving too because most offer a discount to a new customer and sod all for a loyal one!

8. Captain Caffeine

Captain Caffeine New Member

Hi all, I'm new here.

I was flicking through the threads and saw this, I recently got my Car Insurance renewed so thought I'd lend my 2pence.

I got into a ding last year and my last provider (who shall not be named ) wanted to push up my premiums, it wasn't my fault I got rear ended.
    Anywho, I heard a radio ad for drive like a girl, site http://www.drivelikeagirl.com.

Pretty good quote so I took it, fully comp with decent excess.

I hope this helps!

Cpt. Caffeine