Car Stereo Advice

Discussion in 'Car and Van Talk' started by JMascis666, Aug 24, 2017.

1. JMascis666

JMascis666 New Member

Hi All,

Sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this question.

I recently purchased a 2005 Ford Focus Zetec and wish to transfer my stereo (Pioneer MVH-2700DAB) into it from my previous car.

Does anyone know if the two are compatible?

I am not bothered about the getting the DAB part to work just the usb so that I can stream music from my iphone through the speakers.

Thank you,

Simon

2. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

You can fit your radio into it, but bear in mind your existing is a double din radio and your Pioneer is only a single, so you would need a blanking plate or a pocket to fit as well.

You would also need special wiring adapter to allow the steering column controls to work as well.

3. JMascis666

JMascis666 New Member

Thanks mate, the radio was previously in a Vauxhall Corsa. I have blanking plate from that, hopefully it will do the job.

I'm not bothered about having control from the steering column as long as the buttons on the radio work!

It was concerned the wiring may not be compatible between the radio and the car.

4. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Buy the correct adapters that convert existing plugs and it's easy job. No wiring needed. Blanking plates can be a fiddle and I have made stereo supports out of wood but sometimes the supplied packer/bracket works ok if you find one with plate. It's all a little different from car to car.

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Not spammy at all :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

6. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Unfortunately the spam post has been removed so we're all left guessing...

7. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

...................................whether chippie is as thick as he appears.