caravan high impedance value

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Bennjy12345, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Bennjy12345

Bennjy12345 Member

But to complete a full test I need to do a live test .

No I understand that lectrician But when you see something in a poor state you find just turn a blind eye really. But I just don't like leaving something ino isn't right.

2. nffc

nffc Active Member

How do you work that out? So if the park's supply is unsatisfactory you would give an 'unsatisfactory' report to a perfectly good caravan installation?

A caravan is no different to any other portable transferable unit and this is exactly how they are tested.

3. Bennjy12345

Bennjy12345 Member

Rcd test? Thats one live test. But if the instsllation its connected to has poor impedance it leave the caravan unsafe under fault conditions. Technically it should then be disconnected. Even tho it's internals are sound

4. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

You work through the dead tests before moving on to live ones as normal, then when you get to the problem area you log it and record it on the cert. If you can't complete the testing due to the supply being unsafe you note it on the cert, isolate the circuit, make the owner aware and walk away having put it all in writing.

You are giving an nsatisfactory to the supply and an unable to complete to the caravan.

Kind regards