Carpentry contractors in London

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by ChippyCraig, Jun 19, 2014.

1. ChippyCraig

ChippyCraig New Member

Hi all!

Are there any chippys on here that could point me in the right direction of big/decent carpentry contractors that have sites in and around London? and also the going rates and prices here?

A little background info I guess...
    - I'm primarily a second fix site carpenter. I'm happy as Larry banging out apartments/houses all day everyday (doors, locks, handrail, skirts) and this is the work I seek if poss'.
    - I'm 28, from Cardiff and most my work has been around this neck of the woods apart from a 2 year stint in the french Alpes 2 years ago

Could anyone suggest any firms to contact that may be looking for lads?

Regards

Craig

2. Mr1992

Mr1992 New Member

Pgm carpentry contractors in essex are always crying out for lads. They got a few sites dotted around. Type them into google and give them a shout.

3. CristinnaP

CristinnaP New Member

hey,
    I don't know if it helps you, but couple of weeks ago, I had my garden gates and fencing renewed with a fabulous team that I found on the internet. \
    While making conversation, my husband found out that their employer was looking for another person to fill the position of carpenter. They were having a busy season and not enough people to cover their needs. If you like, you can PM me and give you the no from the guys that came over to our place, or you can try contact them via their website (http://ascentps.co.uk) and maybe you'll get lucky.
    I know that these days finding a long term job can be difficult. Specially because most of the contractors don't rush on hiring people with a long term contract since they might be having just a few big projects /year.
    Best regards,