Carpet laying

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Bob Hooper, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Bob Hooper

Bob Hooper New Member

Hallo. Totally new here so excuse this daft question if it seems obvious to you , but it's a headache to me.

I have to relay thin industrial carpet in a corridor in my school. The carpet is to be laid to concrete floor. Nothing I've tried seems to stick . Can anyone suggest a product which works. I have tried double sided tape ( lifts ) ; carpet adhesives ( won't bond to concrete ) .

What do you experts use ? Bob

2. Which side of the double-sided tape lifts, the carpet or the concrete side?

I suspect from what you say it's the concrete.

Is the tape pulling away with concrete dust on it? And ditto with the adhesive - it comes away 'dusty' from the concrete?

If so, I guess it's a case of sealing the concrete first. In which case I'd imagine that Everbuild 403 would be the one for the job.

All guesswork of course...

3. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

When they did the office refurb a few years ago carpet tiles were stuck with one of the F product maybe F44?

Ball Styccobond

KIAB likes this.
  4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

5. Bob Hooper

Bob Hooper New Member

###It's the concrete which is lifting , and is dusty as you say . It looks as if it is going to need sealing . I will check out Everbuild 403 as suggested. Thanks for your time D.A. Bob ###

6. Bob Hooper

Bob Hooper New Member

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

8. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

9. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

All depends on the area to be glued down. might be able gluing the edge & zizag of glue down the middle.

10. Bob Hooper

Bob Hooper New Member

11. Bob Hooper

Bob Hooper New Member

To everyone who offered advice , I've used a combination of your suggestions and relaid the carpet perfectly. Thank you all . Bob