Caulk and lining paper

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by StevesST220, May 1, 2015.

1. Ghost-1

Ghost-1 Active Member

I really don't remember having this much trouble with a poxy lining paper, that doesn't want to stay stuck, and then bubbles like mental when you wave a paint brush at it.

DIY bank holiday weekend.........shoe menders to that. Had enough now, time for another beer.

2. Ghost-1

Ghost-1 Active Member

That's it.........one wall does not/will not behave itself. Painted twice, and bubbled to hell twice, and now the joints are all raised/bubbled.

Taking the bloody lot down, and re-doing in 800 grade paper. Which does seem to behave.

Lost a few brownie points with the Mrs......but to hell with it.

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Got two walls here in one room, sized them, & the bl***** lining paper still bubbled, ended up having to paint both walls with Everbuild 406 stabilising liquid, it has cured the problem.

Ghost-1 likes this.
  4. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Almost finished papering our spare room,only vinyl & then painting. Must agree with the general opinion on this site.....HTF can anyone choose to do decorating for a living? :eek:

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Got the hallway to do next, stairwell ceilng is ridiculously high, & previous owner put woodchip on the ceiling badly.:mad:, going strip it back & skim ceiling.

6. Ghost-1

Ghost-1 Active Member

Deep Joys all round then.

Day off tomorrow for me......stripping my handy work.

7. Lasher

Lasher New Member

After stripping - Do yourself a favour and either seal the wall with Zinsser gardez or Halls Beeline primer sealer - wait an hour and then line the walls. No more problems with paper not sticking and no need to size.

Ghost-1 and StevesST220 like this.
  8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Started to strip hall way, have a problem, previous owner gave the emulsion a slight texture, started sanding it flat & all emulsion is coming off in sheets revealing orginal distempter & plaster.
    Just started my third can of Everbuild 406 stabilising liquid to seal everything before I start painting the walls & I'm only half way up the the stair well.:(:(