Central heating timer

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Rob Mott, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Rob Mott

Rob Mott New Member

I have just bought a Draytom LP722 to replace my old Potterton EP2002. The instructions show a straightforward swap of the wiring to the same points N L 1 2 3 4 but my old one is wired as N L 1 3 4 5 with the L and 5 having a link wire in red. As the plate to the one I have just bought from you does not have the 5 connection I am unsure of how to procede.
    Any help much appreciated.

2. leesparkykent

leesparkykent Well-Known Member

You don't need 5 on the new programmer so it connects up exactly the same but you don't need the link between 5 and L.

3. Rob Mott

Rob Mott New Member

Thanks for the answer but you have me still confused. Where would I put the wire that presently goes into the present number 5? I've taken a couple of pictures in case that helps.

Attached Files:

4. leesparkykent

leesparkykent Well-Known Member

The blue that connects to 5 in the old programmer connects to L on the new programmer. You do not have 5 on the new programmer because the live is linked internally.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  5. Rob Mott

Rob Mott New Member

Brilliant, logical when you work it through but I needed pointing in the right direction. All done, many thanks.