Central Heating Wiring

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Jan, Nov 8, 2003.

1. Jan

Jan New Member

Can anybody supply a correct wiring diagram for a oil central heating system to radiators. We recently moved house and the central heating pump and boiler do not want to turn off unless the whole lot is switched off! There are two individual motorised valves (one for h/w and one for c/h) and a room thermostat. There is also a 'frostat' and cylinder thermostat. The heating works ok but just does not stop! Any information would be most welcome.

2. chtechie

chtechie Member

Hi
    It should be either an S plan or a C plan but send me an Email ch-techie@ntlworld.com and I'll help you sort it.

David.
    <u>____</u>

3. Gasman

Gasman New Member

Hi there your system is probably an S Plan type system, if it is correctly wired your heating S plan valve is probably stuck open try manually opening the valve with the lever on the side, if it is stuck you will not feel or hear the motor spinning if you can feel resistance and hear spinning it is free check if the frost stat is correctly set at aprox. 4 deg C.
    A good wiring guide can be obtained free from Honeywell it includes all the wiring for S Y W and C plans.
    Hope this helps

4. gas monkey

gas monkey Well-Known Member

i have arthritis to but i would go to the doctor for one so young to have it you need help, also ask for a referal to mental health

5. sam spade

sam spade Active Member

I think you may have replied to the wrong topic. This one is 15 years old!!