CH and immersion timer in single unit?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by EricFynne, Mar 26, 2015.

1. EricFynne

EricFynne New Member

Is there such a thing as a 2-channel controller in a single unit, which will control a oil boiler (heating only) and an immersion heater, or am I looking at two separate controllers?

Eric

2. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

I have done this a fewe times, normally for panel heaters and immersions. You would need to use a contactor on the output of the time clock for the HW. The contactor would switch the immersions load (on it's own circuit). It's probably easier to get an enclosed contactor that's ready to go - A quick google gives this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300785785958

EricFynne likes this.
  3. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

I have never done this myself but you could use a contactor on the load side of the timer for the HW and the contactor would be ok to switch the immersion heater on.

EricFynne likes this.
  4. EricFynne

EricFynne New Member

Thanks, both of you. I'm thinking now I'll just go for two separate timers.

5. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

No worries Eric.

6. Eric you've answered your own question. Without a doubt, two seperate timers is the way to go.

7. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

Quoting:
    "I believe thats what I just said! Are you so up yer own **** you never read anybody elses posts."

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    Risteard likes this.
  8. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select