Chainsaw trousers

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by yorkyguy, Mar 18, 2017.

1. yorkyguy

yorkyguy Active Member

Her in doors won't let me use my chainsaw anymore without any Kevlar trousers! Legs are expensive things!
    I understand type A are OK for DIY firewood cutting which is what I need - Type C are apparently for fully qualified arborists who hang about in trees - literally! Any advise re best price/suppliers etc out there?
    cheers!

2. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

3. yorkyguy

yorkyguy Active Member

Hang on! What about the bits below your knees! Have you ever used a chainsaw? I consider them to be the most lethal tool you can buy and use without a licence! This is a serious post!

4. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

The best you can afford, once you legs been chopped off, it ain't growing back.

KIAB likes this.
  5. yorkyguy

yorkyguy Active Member

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Type C trousers every time,look at Arbortec Breatheflex Type C Class 1 or Stihl Hiflex Type C Class 1 both around the same price.

7. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

I reckon if her indoors dictates what tools you can use, maybe you should be buying the trousers for her.

Sparkielev likes this.
  8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

A very sensible wifey.:)

9. yorkyguy

yorkyguy Active Member

You are a long time dead!

10. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

You will be if you use that saw without the right trousers, her indoors will see to it. :D:D

11. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Or perhaps the tools for her! :eek:

12. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

There is an advert running on the "Home Channel" with a guy a cutting a log with an electric chainsaw. The log is on the floor and he is holding it in place with his foot - no safety boots, just soft shoes :eek:

Seriously though Stihl chainsaw trousers start from £70 which isn't a bad starting price when you consider most work trousers start at £45, well worth the investment although you could spend hundreds, but you also need proper boots and helmet with visor and defenders

There are starter kits from £87 http://www.skylandequipment.com/husqvarna-classic-chainsaw-protective-kit.html?options=cart

13. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

KIAB likes this.
  14. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

Just off out to cut a couple logs honey

FL-SafetyEquipment-web.jpg

15. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It missed the half a fertiliser bag on the back of the helmet to stop water dripping down your neck.

KIAB likes this.