Changing 18v tools

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by bulletmagnet, Mar 8, 2015.

1. bulletmagnet

bulletmagnet New Member

I've just bought the Bosch 18v 6 piece set (combi, impact, circular and jigsaw, angle grinder and light) plus the 18v SDS, i've had Dewalt for about 15yrs and decided to move the 18v to Bosch as they were getting a bit tired, i've had a lot of the Bosch 10.8v kit for a few years and 24v & 36v SDS drills for years as well. I've got a few questions.

1. I don't have the Bosch angled screwdriver is it worth getting one?
    2. I have the Dewalt tough storage boxes to store them in, is it worth getting the L-Boxx's?
    3. Is the inspection camera worth it? The times i've had to use one i've borrowed a friends.
    4. I have the 10.8v sabre saw i need something with a bit more go in it, 18 or 36v?

TIA

2. big all

big all Screwfix Select

i have the bosch 10.8 camera and recip saw
    the recip saw is as you would expect cuts 40% slower than the 18v
    i have the 18v dewalt recip and it will happily demolish a 4" fence post not as quick as a mains one
    to be honest if you dont use a recip more than the odd occasion then youll be fine

the bosch camera is really handy but at over £100 without batteries its up to you to justify

KIAB likes this.
  3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

You can pick up the Bosch camera up for £130 including one 1.5amp battery, been tempted to get one, had several difficult jobs,where a camera would have been handy,& saved a lot of extra work.