Changing Toilet

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by PicassoPigeon, Sep 1, 2014.

1. PicassoPigeon

PicassoPigeon New Member

Here is our current toilet, it was like this when we moved in...

[​IMG]20140901_141202_LLS by mobilegav425, on Flickr

I'm going to change to a close coupled toilet, but what should I do with the stack/waste? It's cast iron and I think I'm going to have to cut it back as the new toilet won't get near the rear wall with the current waste pipe.

Thanks

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I can't see clearly enough, is there a joint just to the right of the cistern on the back wall?, if it is take the bend out and use a bent pan connector in its place,

PicassoPigeon likes this.
  3. PicassoPigeon

PicassoPigeon New Member

I waste is all wrapped in tape, bends to the right into the soil stack. It's all cast iron and joins into a solid collar.

Can I cut this at the cast iron collar? And then add a new flexible pan connection into that collar?

4. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

yes you can get pan connectors that slip inside cast pipe whatever size it is ( cast iron varies on the internal bore)

5. Tapbros Property

Tapbros Property New Member

Also if you think that the toilet is not going to touch the back wall becaus of the pipe work the you can use a length of 4x2 timber or what every fits best.
    This is a common thing in the trade and this is one way around it.
    OR
    You spend loads of money restacking the soil pipe etc...

6. G&W Plumbing & Heating

G&W Plumbing & Heating Active Member

Just use a bent pan connector