Choosing the right tiles for my bathroom

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by AmyC, Apr 1, 2016.

1. AmyC

AmyC New Member

So I was reading this website: http://howtodecorateabathroom.com/ and they are saying that I should pick a theme for my bathroom.. So I decided to pick a Greek theme, you know that old style with white marble. Unfortunately marble is really expensive and I'm a single mother.. so I was wondering does anyone know a good tile that looks like real white marble? I really don't know much about construction, but since I'm on a budget I try to redesign my bathroom myself..

All answers are welcome!

2. Ghost-1

Ghost-1 Active Member

Real marble will be far to heavy for walls.......unless a lot of extra prep work is done. Lot of marble look a likes about, and you need to take your area measurements around to various tile suppliers in your area to see.

3. Neil1987

Neil1987 Member

Marble effect wet wall?

4. AmyC

AmyC New Member

I'm going to take a look tomorrow.. Is it difficult to do those tiles by myself without any experience? Unfortunately I can't hire someone.
    Also I was thinking maybe I could use a vinyl cover instead? It doesn't have to feel real when you touch it.

5. Ghost-1

Ghost-1 Active Member