Christopher Hitchens.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Ryluer, Jan 6, 2015.

1. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

He obviously missed you altogether as far as any sort of intelligence goes.

Ryluer likes this.
  2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Now now Joiner, even evolution has to miss some thing's, though saying that, every village has an idiot, so maybe it didn't. :)

3. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

That's like something the arrogant hitchens would say. I see he has a few followers on here.
    Why am I not surprised?
    Talk about the blind leading the blind.

hitchens had an idea for ending world poverty. Do you know what it is?

He called it "The empowerment of women". Nearly fell over laughing when I saw him utter those words.
    How many women do you actually think want to be "empowered"? In the muslim world its a very small minority.
    Usually those that have been tainted by western immoralities.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  4. Interesting that you criticise Hitchens, Ryluer, when I'm guessing you have neither read nor listened to much of what he has actually said.

I am genuinely hoping that this is the case, because if you have listened to his beautifully-crafted honest and rational arguments, there is no hope here.

If the best arguments you can produce is the likes of "can you play chess with a donkey" or "does Copperfield produce real pigeons", then I'm afraid I'll have to refer you to a passage in a rather nifty book called 'Gawd is Not Great'; Scientists have an expression for hypotheses that are utterly useless... They refer to them as being "not even wrong".

Ryluer, you are not even wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2015
  5. "How many women do you actually think want to be "empowered"? In the muslim world its a very small minority."

Irony personified.

And now I know you are just trying to wind us up - that is actually very, very good :).

Phew o_O

6. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

There is a good exchange between hitchens and tony blair. The latter I have little time for either.

But blair makes hitchens look like the hating zealot that he really was.
    When blair finished part of his speech hitchens was taken aback. Blair spoke eloquently.
    And yet hitchens could not acknowledge that what blair had said was 100% correct and instead started boasting about how he had did some charitable work in a 3rd world country whilst maligning the local people for being backward religious followers.

7. proby

proby Active Member

All I can say is if you believe in a god you have mental problems as proven by the attack in Paris today, over the last two thousand years religions of all faiths have committed similar crimes and a lot worse in the name of God and the church.

8. joinerjohn1

Obviously Blair never mentioned God in his speech then. If he had he could never be 100% correct. Hitchens might have done some charitable work in a 3rd world country, but ,, last year, during the Gaza crisis,,, where was the UN ambassador for the Middle East? Nowhere to be bloody seen.. Who, you may ask is the UN ambassador to the Middle East?? Non other than the eloquently spoken war criminal Tony Blair. (yep the nice charitable chap who near enough bankrupted the UK and took the UK into a war which was nothing to do with the UK.... )

Gatt likes this.
  9. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

What the attack proves is how weak western nations have become. Thats what happens when you side line Christanity. Islam fills the void.
    France welcomes muslims with open arms and this is how they are repaid.

hitchens argues that religion must be banished. Christanity is certainly being banished all across Africa, Europe, the uk etc.
    And what do we see?

We see the rise of radical Islam!

10. proby

proby Active Member

Look at history it hasn't been that long ago that it was Christians committing the murders and torcher on their own people as well as foreign in the name of a God of love.

11. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

All religions have zealots who kill and maim. Nothing new. The difference is that hitchens never used a gun.
    The most murderous regimes in history were atheist.
    Rather than providing the utopia of idealism, atheism has produced a body count second to none. With recent documents uncovered for the Maoist and Stalinist regimes, it now seems the high end of estimates of 250 million dead between 1900 -1987.

And while it is often said that Hitler was a Christian, the Nuremberg documents clearly reveal the heart of this ruthless man who believed in social Darwinism and had devised plans to completely eliminate Christinaty after the third reich was firmly established.

12. proby

proby Active Member

The Catholic church is probably one of the most murderous religions in history.

13. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

The catholic church never murdered anyone. But zealots killed in the name of the catholic church.

14. proby

proby Active Member

Er sanctioned by the Vatican

Gatt likes this.
  15. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Can you name any institution that has never sanctioned murder?

16. joinerjohn1

Ermm the Royal National Institute for the Blind ( RNIB) I doubt very much whether they've sanctioned any murder. (unless you think they have a couple of snipers amongst their members) ;);););)

17. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

That'll be the blind leading the blind then.:D

Same as hitchens followers.

18. proby

proby Active Member

Sounds like you admit the church sanctions murdering gods children

19. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

and can match up the great utopi
    Of course I do.
    Where did I state that religion is perfect and can match up to the great utopia that hitchens and his atheism can provide?????

NOT!

20. :D People, he's yanking yer chain :D

(Either that or he's driving himself around in circles.)

Anyways, lay off Blair - he's actually a good cove...