Chrome edge strips

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by The Powys Plumber, Jul 4, 2008.

1. The Powys Plumber

The Powys Plumber New Member

Apologies all, I have jumped over from the Plumbers Forum for some advice about chrome edging strips. I do quite a lot of bathroom installation including tiling. A number of customers are opting for chrome edge strips. I tend to make the mitres using a hacksaw and mitre block, which tends to be a lengthy job. Does anyone know of a specific tool or mitre block that makes the job easier ?
  2. blueassedfly!

blueassedfly! New Member

PP your doing the same way i do andapart from metal bladed chopsaw, BIG SPEND for somthing like tiletrim, i think its the best way. IMO :)
  3. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano New Member

we make up our own mitre block up,and use a hacksaw and sometimes a file just to take off any sharp bits
  4. DUDE123

DUDE123 New Member

yes thats how we do it to.
  5. strappy

strappy New Member

not a tiler but cut plenty of chrome strips and the like,find it easier and neater with a junior hacksaw but I'm not elf employed so don't have to worry about time scales
  6. murrmac

murrmac Member

if you have a 4 1/2 " angle grinder, then buy one of These and a pack of ultra thin blades.

every home should have one imo
  7. chip off the block

chip off the block New Member

i cut em square and use those pre done corners and the chrome trim tend to be sharp
  8. enjay

enjay New Member

Chip,

Totally agree about corners, give a much more professional finish (can't use 'em on internal mitres though) what I find a real pain is that most of our local tile suppliers stock all the trims but very few matching corners, do you find the same?
  9. jizzard_of_oz

jizzard_of_oz New Member

enjay....i have the same problem here they seem to be like gold dust. even the white corners seem to be a different shade. is there a site anyone uses for trims and corners?
  10. bathstyle

bathstyle New Member

Schluter systems do a full range of these products, fortunately my local tile supplier stocks them
  11. The Powys Plumber

The Powys Plumber New Member

Thanks all.

I have had a look at the Schulter website - looks like good stuff.

I cannot find any info re dealers - can anyone help ?

Ta